how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

SeanWhite

@comcast.net
reply to Mike Wolf

Lack of progress with SA/Cisco Cable Boxes updated

This is a collaborated open letter I was sent from a few people who wished to express some troubles they are having. These are their words, not mine:

We're just confused at this point because we assumed our area was scheduled to get the update the week a few days before the snowstorm hit and that when the restoration effort in New England was over that that schedule would pick up where it was left off but instead most of Pennsylvania was done, and then most recently Alexandria and Arlington, Virginia was done. We noticed we were told that Southern Jersey would be done by the end of February and then some magical decision without consideration to us real customers was made to accommodate "other projects" and "customer-related business needs" to push us again to a generic time by the end of March just like everyone else, an empty party line. We're sure another excuse will be made and we'll all be pushed to June. We bet the decision makers already have their update regardless of their location so they are in no big hurry and are dragging their feet. We know it's not Teds fault for the lack of information, he's being very nice in giving us updates, it's just very frustrating when the information we do get is either unrelated to our specific location or the same "end of March 2013" statement. It's as if Comcast simply has no concept of time management and scheduling and can't plan a day in advance. Hypothetically, Us questioning this would give us the response of "things come up" and our response would be "not our problem, we're paying for a service, figure it out without negatively affecting us. Hire more engineers and techs, you got the money we pay you".

It just feels like we're being strung along like sheep. We're always thanked for our patience but at some point very very soon our patience is going to run out and then what? Not like we're going to get reimbursed for making us wait longer because of decisions made that affect us without consideration. The entire point of this thread is to keep us customers up to date in what is going on with Comcast and yet we get ever so slightly more then the generic response we'd get if we called the 1800 number and get a call center overseas. Again we know this isn't Ted's fault and no one here is blaming him in the least.

Ok there we go. Those are not my words, I'm just passing them along as requested.

mariod

join:2009-06-16

1 recommendation

That's a pretty immature "letter" that people should be embarrassed to be associated with.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:3

I disagree I think there are some valid points.

mariod

join:2009-06-16

"us real customers"

"We bet the decision makers already have their update regardless of their location so they are in no big hurry and are dragging their feet."

"not our problem, we're paying for a service, figure it out without negatively affecting us. Hire more engineers and techs, you got the money we pay you".

If I worked for Comcast, and received something this bratty, I'd push whatever they are complaining about back another two months. Its embarrassing that someone would even take the amount of time to write something like that out to complain about a SOFTWARE UPDATE to a set top box. Grow up.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ

I could certainly understand the frustration these individuals feel.

mountlaurel

@army.mil

"Mike Wolf" Do you know if the "Channels Not Available" message that I am receiveing on my TIVO Premiere is a "Cable Card" problem??? Never had a problem until after Christmas. Is it because my Cisco area went to the I-Guide (A25)? Thanks

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast

updated stuff

which channels in particular. You mean like this »tinypic.com/view.php?pic=29ypqb9&s=6 ?
or
»support.tivo.com/euf/assets/imag···able.jpg
or do you mean »i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/05···s012.jpg

Cisco areas are using the S25 software guide and moving to the S26 software guide. This change wouldn't affect the TiVo since it runs on the cableboxes. There is supposed to be a firmware update to the Cisco/SA cablecards to correct a "not authorized" message that randomly appears on both the cablecard equipped cableboxes, and any customer owned device that uses a cablecard such as TiVo and Moxi and home theater computers. Unfortunately I don't have any information about what firmware version was pushed to the cards but once I know that information I can look into it with Cisco's support and look into the release notes to see if there are any known issues. You can find the card information if you go to Settings & Messages -> Settings -> Remote, CableCARD, & Devices -> CableCARD Decoder -> CableCARD Options -> CableCARD Menu -> CableCARD Diag Screen

then look for
H/W Model:
Bldr Ver:
OS Ver:
Build Time:
--
I'm always up for a good chat and helping with VoIP testing so my contact info is below.
Gigaset.net: Michael Wolf
Callcentric: 17772288600
SIP URI: sip:226976325024#9@sip.gigaset.net and sip:17772288600@in.callcentric.com