Search similar:

uniqs
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

4 edits

morisato

So who will be first will Officall prices/ Announcement

I am putting my money On Acanac since they spoke up with some info, teksavvy not far behind same for start - Though i wonder if Ebox will be modifying there rates at all.
Acanac Has annouced Possible Rates going live Tommorow - Below is a C&P of there forum »community.acanac.com/aca ··· start=60
said by Paul @ Acanac :

Below you will find our new FTTN rates. The current bronze plan will be upgraded to 11Mbps when possible. If your line does not qualify for FTTN Bronze no rate limit will be applied from March 1st on. The new Silver will be upgraded to 15Mbps. Current gold plans will be converted to Silver and issued an extension based on what is left on the term. The extension has no monetary value.
»acanac.com/DSL.html

Acanac website i think is Now Current- For more info check the link to forums above
said by Paul @ Acanac :

These new rates will not affect any client currently within a term, and will only be applied upon term renewal. As you can see below our regular 12 month terms have not increased much in price.
»acanac.com/cable.html

said by velcom Pricing :

VelCom has New prices for DSL, quite attractive ones.
»www.velcom.ca/prices.htm

said by Marc from Tsi :

Marc from TSI just posted Cogeco & Telus rates:

Cogeco: »[Cable] NEW RATES - Cogeco
»[Cable] NEW RATES - Cogeco
Telus: »[DSL] NEW RATES - Telus
»[DSL] NEW RATES - Telus

rednekcowboy
join:2012-03-21

rednekcowboy

Acanac has already released their pricing which takes effect tomorrow......
morisato
Oshawa, ON

morisato

they have? i did not see any changes on there dsl packages so i assumed not. my bad

andyb
Premium Member
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

They dint change dsl prices just raised cable
morisato
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Rofl Thats Funny DSL rate got cut by over 50% they didn;t drop it at all? Do u have a link? Rogers area cable took a Increase but bell dsl got cut like 1200 from the rate

andyb
Premium Member
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

A link?Just go the fuckin website.They maybe using the extra dsl money to subsidize the cable..I dunno
levesque739
join:2008-05-13
Laval, QC

levesque739 to morisato

to morisato
They are upgrading's everyone on DSL to faster speed, while keeping price the same. It's in their forum. Page 7 for cable new prices.

»community.acanac.com/aca ··· start=60

jasmo34
join:2008-03-20
~ London ~

jasmo34 to andyb

to andyb
Plan prices the same; all DSL users get upgrades of some kind... It's in the forums.

Their website is almost ALWAYS way behind their policies, unfortunately.

Heck, the website still says "*Acanac's Official Cable Modem is the Motorola SB5101N". I chuckle every time I see that.
morisato
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Hell According to their website month to month it is 51.95 for cable 28, On his post which i Finally found says 49.95? So is the website so outdated as this is a price drop? For cable?

And as transit costs for bell are being cut 50% i am guessing the Dsl users are subsidizing the Cable in this case No other possible answer Sure upgrading everyone to fttn10 that can get it is Nice, But Someone on Silver gets 3mbps speed upgrade whoopity dooda i mean thats a cost of pennies to them if a cost the difference between 16mb dsl and 25 base tariff rate is 1 cent, Bandwidth wise 12>15 is a 25% increase sure but i dunno i expected more, maybe their VDSL offerings will be good but i don't see it Ebox has em beat on 15/1 hands down.. Unless your a Crazy Heavy Downloader. needing more than 500gb/month

jasmo34
join:2008-03-20
~ London ~

jasmo34

said by morisato:

Hell According to their website month to month it is 51.95 for cable 28, On his post which i Finally found says 49.95? So is the website so outdated as this is a price drop? For cable?

I don't know... I just wouldn't know what to believe on their site; I usually come away with more questions than answers. Back when I was investigating for another family member last year, I also ran into different prices in their ordering system (different than the website, and different from forum messages).

They may offer some good plans/prices, with a different method of handling prime-time peak, but IMHO you MUST get everything verified... twice!

But I have relatives who are quite happy with them, on both DSL and Cable.

Yes, we are all awaiting other DSL price updates; and also the other 'goodies'... Dry Loop deals; FTTN activation deals; VDSL Modem options, etc.

andyb
Premium Member
SW Ontario

andyb

Premium Member

Only been a week.More time is needed to verify numbers and make sure there are no mistakes before releasing final prices on any ISP.Bell etc also have to supply some tarrif's for the upload portion even thou you can get the speeds now.That could be another small stumbling block
morisato
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Myself i am looking forward to 50/10 Tariffs In bell Land and 75/10 Which is coming soon i hear.
LastDon
join:2002-08-13

LastDon to morisato

to morisato
I have a funny feeling that the ISP's will not do much with DSL to help offset cable.

if that is the case Might as well sign up with the Big Boys, and call it a day
morisato
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Well Looking at Acanac as an example they saved almost 55% on the CBB rate and Instead of Reducing prices for higher tiers are Forcing speed upgrades on Low tiers to eat up the savings so they can Keep prices the same. I believe they are Upping 6 to 10 where possible, 12 to 15, and 15 Mbps Gold users stay as they are until renewal when they will renew as the new silver.. is what i read it as. Seems Like the Higher end users got the shaft to me p:)

I Myself would have Hoped for across the board price drops and Let Users Decide if they want to upgrade rather than have it forced upon them. Would be my personal preference
Walter Dnes
join:2008-01-27
Thornhill, ON

Walter Dnes to morisato

to morisato
Isn't it expensive to go from 6 megabippies (ADSL) to even 6 megabippies FTTN? Let alone worry about boosting speeds?

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

[takes bait]

You betcher Bippie it would be !
morisato
Oshawa, ON

morisato

I dunno I imagine a truck roll being required normally to go from 6 mbps gas to fttn would mean someone is absorbing alot of install costs hence must have a much cheaper negotiated rate for fttn 10 than gas 6
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to morisato

to morisato
So Acanac has rolled out APOI cable pricing in Rogers areas, but not APOI cable speeds?

Canaca
Premium Member
join:2007-03-05
Mississauga, ON

1 edit

Canaca

Premium Member

In some areas we are already using the aggregated service however we will continue to advertise the lower speeds until the majority of the them are serviced over APOI.
mario9999998
join:2000-08-25
Canada

mario9999998

Which areas have the new speeds?

Canaca
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Canaca

Premium Member

Comstock, Bolton, Brantford, Collingwood, Keswick, Orillia, Pefferlaw, Stratford, Alliston, Aurora, New Dundee, Orangeville, Woodstock
skyR
join:2007-01-14
Toronto, ON

skyR to morisato

to morisato
Still 1Mbps upload?

Canaca
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Canaca

Premium Member

It would be the 2 and 3Mbps.

AGoldSilver
@distributel.net

AGoldSilver to morisato

Anon

to morisato
said by morisato:

Well Looking at Acanac as an example they saved almost 55% on the CBB rate and Instead of Reducing prices for higher tiers are Forcing speed upgrades on Low tiers to eat up the savings so they can Keep prices the same. I believe they are Upping 6 to 10 where possible, 12 to 15, and [bold]15 Mbps Gold users stay as they are until renewal when they will renew as the new silver.. is what i read it as. Seems Like the Higher end users got the shaft to me p:)[/bold]

I Myself would have Hoped for across the board price drops and Let Users Decide if they want to upgrade rather than have it forced upon them. Would be my personal preference

The current Gold Plan will be the new Silver Plan and Paul said there will be and extension at the end of the term.

In Quebec the Gold Plan = 16Mbps will be downgrade to the silver plan 15Mbps. How the extension period will be calculate still not clear? May be Paul can give an example...
quote:
Current gold plans will be converted to Silver and issued an extension based on what is left on the term. The extension has no monetary value.
»community.acanac.com/aca ··· start=60

neuromancer1
join:2007-01-22
York, ON

neuromancer1 to morisato

to morisato
Cable-ON Rogers 18Mbps Proposed Retail Rate $39.95: Rate limited to 8Mbps during peak hours.

It be cold day in Hell before I would pay to be limited during peak hours. If TSI pulls this I'll be gone so fast their head will spin.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to morisato

Premium Member

to morisato
anyone know if Distributel has said if their prices will change? I may go with them if rogers does not give me a good deal.

PickTHEnick
@videotron.ca

PickTHEnick to AGoldSilver

Anon

to AGoldSilver
said by AGoldSilver :

The current Gold Plan will be the new Silver Plan and Paul said there will be and extension at the end of the term.

What about the suckers or those who can't afford more and are still stuck on the decrepit "upto" 6-meg legacy DSL (average 4-meg or so)? Since they can't upgrade those in speed, is there a price drop of 5$ or so?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to neuromancer1

Premium Member

to neuromancer1
said by neuromancer1:

Cable-ON Rogers 18Mbps Proposed Retail Rate $39.95: Rate limited to 8Mbps during peak hours.

It be cold day in Hell before I would pay to be limited during peak hours. If TSI pulls this I'll be gone so fast their head will spin.

We won't be doing any of that.

Canaca
Premium Member
Mississauga, ON

Canaca to PickTHEnick

Premium Member

to PickTHEnick
said by PickTHEnick :

said by AGoldSilver :

What about the suckers or those who can't afford more and are still stuck on the decrepit "upto" 6-meg legacy DSL (average 4-meg or so)? Since they can't upgrade those in speed, is there a price drop of 5$ or so?

The Bronze price will remain the same. As soon as the higher speeds become available they will also have the opportunity to upgrade free of charge.
Canaca

Canaca to neuromancer1

Premium Member

to neuromancer1
said by neuromancer1:

Please keep in mind that it's the max rate limit. It may not happen at all or only for a short time during the peak period.