Eustis, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·Embarq Now Centu..
·Comcast
·CenturyLink

Locked up in a walled garden.

As I read Comcast's policy, the customers will not allowed access to the internet except for essential websites (which websites considered essential are not defined) unless the customer takes some action to exit the walled garden. If you want to contest a copyright violation letter pay up $35.00. If it was not for the punitive fee and I received such notice and I had never downloaded copyrighted music illegally, I would try to work with the ISP to determine why my account was identified as violating the DMCA. Of course if the the notice was sent because of sloppy work on the part of the ISP's employees, perhaps they would not want to identify why the account holder received notice.

silentlooker
Premium
join:2009-11-01
if they deny you product for which you're paying you can just cancel the contract with no etf.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5
reply to Mr Matt
said by Mr Matt:

As I read Comcast's policy, the customers will not allowed access to the internet except for essential websites (which websites considered essential are not defined) unless the customer takes some action to exit the walled garden.

I believe they used the term essential SERVICES. Meaning your voice calls will still work, and your home security application will work. But you wouldn't be able to browse anywhere as long as the browser hijack is active.
»customer.comcast.com/help-and-su···services
quote:
Comcast designed our browser alert system not to interfere with a subscriber’s essential services, such as digital telephone service (for example to call 911) whoever the telephone service provider, email, security or health service.
And when they say email will work, they mean their email system, not a web email app like gmail.
--
I will be perfectly happy if the budget cuts specified in the Budget Control Act go into effect. 3 cheers for the sequester. Take the money from the drunken federal spenders.

Mr Matt

join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL
kudos:1
reply to silentlooker
And go where for internet access?

silentlooker
Premium
join:2009-11-01
said by Mr Matt:

Many place have multiple ISP available.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

1 recommendation

said by silentlooker:

said by Mr Matt:

Not many and those that do have ISPs that also have 6 strike policies.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT

1 recommendation

reply to silentlooker
said by silentlooker:

Hahaha. Ya, right..

Pick one.. Optimum (well.. Charter now) or CenturyLink.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to silentlooker
said by silentlooker:

said by Mr Matt: