uniqs
share rss forum feed

Gordo74
Premium
join:2003-10-28
Monroeville, PA
reply to Phantasee

Re: New rig suggestions

Personally, I'd just go with the 2nd build Kris mentioned, but only do a single 7970. You're at 1080p. It will chew through anything at that resolution. Go with a smaller case (why waste the room?) and focus on making it silent. Drop the PSU to a Gold or Plat rated Seasonic around 650w then with the extra $300, grab 2 of the 500GB SSDs and RAID0 them. That's what I'd do at least.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

He wants to max Crysis 3 and similar games. Granted, I haven't tried at 1080p (I can tonight and report results), but I don't see that happening with a single card.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Gordo74
Premium
join:2003-10-28
Monroeville, PA

said by Krisnatharok:

He wants to max Crysis 3 and similar games. Granted, I haven't tried at 1080p (I can tonight and report results), but I don't see that happening with a single card.

I think it has a good chance to max it with a single card with only 1 monitor at 1080p.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

In the Guru3D benchmarking of the game, the GTX Titan gets 42 FPS @ 1920x1200 at max settings (Very High + MSAA 8x).

And that's the newest, baddest single card solution. Expect a single 7970 to barely break 30 FPS.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.