Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

PeteC2 to mrschultz02

MVM

to mrschultz02

Re: [Speed] Speed increase.

So I guess it is now official, though I saw the speed changes yesterday. Just got the speed increase email this morning. Says up to 20 down and 4 up. Shaper is more like 22/4.4, which is not unusual for Comcast.

The only surprise to me is that I thought they were going to do away with PB, which is no longer showing on uploads, but still appears on downloads.

Certainly not earth-shattering, especially to those of you with greater need, but I am satisfied.

It will never be the same as when I first went from 56K dial-up to dsl at 1.2Mbps...now that was a speed increase!

SHoTTa35
@kfvaluation.com

SHoTTa35

Anon

..... then imagine going from 56K to 8Mbps!

MIND = BLOWN!!

Would have friends come over to download stuff all day as they were stuck at home with 56K still. They'd surf the net till the end and then felt like OK nothing more to do, we'll go home now. LOL

(this was in 1998 when i got Optimum Online and my 3Com Sharkfin Modem that I bought at Nobody Beats the Wiz - The Best Buy/Circuit City before there was these others )

My Jump from 15 to 50Mbps though was almost as nice. Suddenly I wasn't gun shy to download a 14GB file (Steam or whatever).
PaulMD
join:2002-03-05
Nashua, NH

PaulMD

I received the notice today. I was getting 12/3, now I'm getting 12/4. Not sure it was as exciting as the email alluded to!