spc
uniqs
m12345s
join:2010-10-13
Bolivar, MO

m12345s to dib22

to dib22

Re: Bridging cradlepoint MBR-1000

Yeah, something is screwy, not sure what, but it worked good for a while after turning off SPI, but then started acting up, but not near as bad, I just decided to use the telco provided G only Sagemcom, I haven't had any problems with it, so even though its a G only, its working good enough for me, if I have problems with it, I will try the cradlepoint again, I never looked at the load balancing/failover because I stopped using it before your post. Thank you for the help though.
DS1192
join:2010-07-16
La Crosse, WI

DS1192

So your setup is Winstream ISP > Router/Modem Combo > MBR-1000?

Router Modem combo running NAT and SPI, then you are trying to connect that to the MBR-1000? If so for what reason exactly?

Since the Router/Modem combo device doesn't have a bridge feature, your best bet would be to get a straight up modem, and connect that to the WAN port on the MBR-1000.
m12345s
Bolivar, MO

m12345s

No, the modem/router combo does have bridge mode, and I had it enabled, putting it in bridge should disable nat and basically the router functions, making it really only work as a modem, the reason I had the modem/router bridged with the cradle point is that the cradlepoint supports N while the modem/router only supports b and g.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to m12345s

to m12345s
Ok tested it... I didn't see any slowdown with SPI on... but then the top end on the connection I tested it on is 5Mbps (grin)... perhaps you hit the top end of the cpu on the mbr1000.

I will try it at a cable connection when I am at one next (20Mbps down) and see if I can max it out.
m12345s
Bolivar, MO

m12345s

Could be, I know lots of people have used the cradlepoint with a bridged modem, so not really sure what my problem was, its funny cause I could hit 12 right after a reset and sometimes for an hour or 2, then it drops to nothing, like 0.25 to 0.50, my upload was always stable at 0.64. Oh well, not really worried about it now, sagemcom is working fine, just a really strange problem with the bridging thing.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22

said by m12345s:

Could be, I know lots of people have used the cradlepoint with a bridged modem, so not really sure what my problem was, its funny cause I could hit 12 right after a reset and sometimes for an hour or 2, then it drops to nothing, like 0.25 to 0.50, my upload was always stable at 0.64. Oh well, not really worried about it now, sagemcom is working fine, just a really strange problem with the bridging thing.

sounds like load balancing was on... so some of your connections were going out the WAN port, then some were going out the wireless wan (mcom), next time you are messing with it check the failover/loadbalance settings.