uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:3
reply to mariod

Re: Lack of progress with SA/Cisco Cable Boxes updated

I disagree I think there are some valid points.

mariod

join:2009-06-16

"us real customers"

"We bet the decision makers already have their update regardless of their location so they are in no big hurry and are dragging their feet."

"not our problem, we're paying for a service, figure it out without negatively affecting us. Hire more engineers and techs, you got the money we pay you".

If I worked for Comcast, and received something this bratty, I'd push whatever they are complaining about back another two months. Its embarrassing that someone would even take the amount of time to write something like that out to complain about a SOFTWARE UPDATE to a set top box. Grow up.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ

I could certainly understand the frustration these individuals feel.

mountlaurel

@army.mil

"Mike Wolf" Do you know if the "Channels Not Available" message that I am receiveing on my TIVO Premiere is a "Cable Card" problem??? Never had a problem until after Christmas. Is it because my Cisco area went to the I-Guide (A25)? Thanks

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ

updated stuff

which channels in particular. You mean like this »tinypic.com/view.php?pic=29ypqb9&s=6 ?
or
»support.tivo.com/euf/assets/imag···able.jpg
or do you mean »i68.photobucket.com/albums/i1/05···s012.jpg

Cisco areas are using the S25 software guide and moving to the S26 software guide. This change wouldn't affect the TiVo since it runs on the cableboxes. There is supposed to be a firmware update to the Cisco/SA cablecards to correct a "not authorized" message that randomly appears on both the cablecard equipped cableboxes, and any customer owned device that uses a cablecard such as TiVo and Moxi and home theater computers. Unfortunately I don't have any information about what firmware version was pushed to the cards but once I know that information I can look into it with Cisco's support and look into the release notes to see if there are any known issues. You can find the card information if you go to Settings & Messages -> Settings -> Remote, CableCARD, & Devices -> CableCARD Decoder -> CableCARD Options -> CableCARD Menu -> CableCARD Diag Screen

then look for
H/W Model:
Bldr Ver:
OS Ver:
Build Time:
--
I'm always up for a good chat and helping with VoIP testing so my contact info is below.
Gigaset.net: Michael Wolf
Callcentric: 17772288600
SIP URI: sip:226976325024#9@sip.gigaset.net and sip:17772288600@in.callcentric.com