Death From Above
Premium
join:2001-12-11
SOG C&C Nrth
Reviews:
·Comcast Formerl..

1 recommendation

MiniDuke used the recent Adobe Reader zero-day exploit

Security researchers have identified an ongoing cyber-espionage campaign that compromised 59 computers belonging to government organizations, research institutes, think tanks, and private companies from 23 countries in the past 10 days.

The attack campaign was discovered and analyzed by researchers from security firm Kaspersky Lab and the Laboratory of Cryptography and System Security (CrySyS) of the Budapest University of Technology and Economics.

it would appear that kaspersky rides again.........with this recent discovery

»www.infoworld.com/d/security/res···n-213614
--
101ST ABN Div. (AirAssault) "Rendezvous With Destiny!" "Night Stalkers/Phoenix Flight" For Buddy...who lived it! Whiskey for my men and beer for my horses! H.A.L.O!, 5th Grp., MACV SOG, 160TH AVN SOG, Death From Above, VFW, AmLegion

Kilroy
Premium,MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

1 recommendation

Looks like they are going back to the basics. Back when viruses were small tight code.

quote:
Another interesting aspect of this threat is that it's only 20KB in size and was written in Assembler, a method that's rarely used today by malware creators. Its small size is also unusual when compared to the size of modern malware, Raiu said. This suggests that the programmers were "old-school," he said.
--
“Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” ¯ Robert A. Heinlein

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2

2 edits

3 recommendations

quote:
Another interesting aspect of this threat is that it's only 20KB in size and was written in Assembler, a method that's rarely used today by malware creators.
Very few programs, legitimate or malware, are written in Assembler these days. The vast majority are written in high level languages. And to be frank, from what I've seen, computer scientists and/or programmers these days don't even know that Assembler exists (or even that's there's such a thing as hardware).

That said, as an "old school" Assembler programmer myself, you can do things in Assembler that maybe be difficult/impossible in another language.
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!