All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Samgee
join:2010-08-02
canada

Samgee to MXB

to MXB

Re: Do we really need unlimited monthly usage?

said by MXB:

Of course not. 5 Gb per month is good enough for me. Who has disk space/time or lack of life enough to need infinite usage? No one does. Infinite by definition can't be used.

Unlimited =/= infinite. Unlimited means that I can use my connection to it's full capacity without limit. And it is very important that this be offered because monthly caps are artificial restrictions on usage not tied to how network costs are determined.

Even at your 5gb per month, if you fully utilize your connection at the same time as your ISP experiences their peak capacity requirement you are contributing to costs as much as any other user.

And old man, you may want to be careful how you determine a persons life quality. We're not all use to the joys of a tractor pull, or cow tipping so we're quite comfortable making use of the forms of entertainment available to us today.

Fergless
Premium Member
join:2008-04-19
Toronto, ON

Fergless

Premium Member

cow tipping lol
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by Fergless:

cow tipping lol

People actually film that?

I know my sister & her friends did that extensively (you get bored easily in the middle of nowhere with no internet, so stupid things will keep you amused a long time), but people actually film it?
Samgee
join:2010-08-02
canada

Samgee

said by resa1983:

said by Fergless:

cow tipping lol

People actually film that?

I know my sister & her friends did that extensively (you get bored easily in the middle of nowhere with no internet, so stupid things will keep you amused a long time), but people actually film it?

It was a farcical substitute for what people did to entertain themselves before the internet.