join:2007-01-22
Homewood, IL
(Software) pfSense
Netgear CM1000
Zoom 5341J

jay608 to Drex

to Drex

Re: Customize Guest Issue

Did the password get changed in the customized template within the Customization Spec Manager? Converting the actual template changing the password will do nothing when using the customization.

Also, after deploying, there is a time where it is just the default install, then the OS will reboot and the customization will take place.

Drex
Beer...The other white meat.
Premium Member
join:2000-02-24
Not There

Drex

Premium Member

said by jay608:

Did the password get changed in the customized template within the Customization Spec Manager? Converting the actual template changing the password will do nothing when using the customization.

Changing the password in the customization wizard does nothing. The password is still unknown. I even tried making the password on the template blank, but no luck. I did notice when the Administrator password was blank, upon first boot I would automatically be logged into the server. I then changed the password and allowed the server to reboot for the sysprep changes. When it came back up, I still couldn't log back in.
said by Badger3k:

Is the local administrator account active?

Yes. The local administrator account is active. I can log into it when the template is a VM.
said by Weasel:

Are you using any sort of unattended file to customize the server?

No. To my knowledge there is no unattended file being used.

I ended up creating a 2nd account with admin rights and just using it to log in. I'm still not sure what the issue is, but can't really spin my wheels on this anymore. Thanks for everyone's input.