how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Chick

join:2000-12-27
Waterford, CT

Ooma voip phone service with Metrocast?

Does anyone have any experience using Ooma voip phone service with Metrocast?

icedcorn
IcedCorn
Premium
join:2007-07-08
Rochester, NH
I'm using it now. What would you like to know?

Chick

Waterford, CT
How is the sound quality on both ends and reliability. The one complaint that I am seeing on line is tech support seems to be weak.

I have been using Vonage happily for many years but they are nickle dimeing me to a new service!

Thanks

icedcorn
IcedCorn
Premium
join:2007-07-08
Rochester, NH
They have live chat M-F and have only used it to get a discount on Ooma Premier.

I can't complain, but I am only using the Ooma HD2 handsets.

I love the community Caller ID black list and the fact you can use the address book (imported from Facebook) to put pictures to people and rename people when caller ID presents them.

So instead of "John and Jane Smith" it will show up as "uncle john" .. it's cool.

I will say I'm more a cell phone guy these days, but I love how it sends voice mail via email or you can login.

I haven't had a complaint about phone quality or reliability but as I said, it's not like I use it for 300 hours a month.

Compared to MC digital phone, I haven't noticed a difference, except I can block more numbers and it's less expensive.

Chick

Waterford, CT
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Think I'll check it out a little further.