uniqs
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to openbox9

to openbox9

Re: How to prove your guilty...

said by openbox9:

Walled garden. I consider that essentially a non-connection. I'm not suggesting that anyone will legitimately be identified six time incorrectly. You should be careful using absolutes in your discussion, IMO.

You mention disconnection which will NOT happened since it is not mentioned anywhere. Any supposed disconnection would only happen after 6 strikes regardless. For an innocent person to be disconnected they would have to be wrongly accused 6 times. Not seeing where my post was incorrect. Sorry NOT going to happen.
Chubbysumo
join:2009-12-01
Duluth, MN
Ubee E31U2V1
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WNR3500L

Chubbysumo

said by 88615298:

For an innocent person to be disconnected they would have to be wrongly accused 6 times. Not seeing where my post was incorrect. Sorry NOT going to happen.

whats your IP, I can show you how easy it can happen. I can make myself show up to Mediasentry(the CCI hired monitoring firm) as any IP address that I want, and I bet I can make you get 6 false accusations really fast. The sad part, is that its probably DNS redirecting, which anyone whos worth their salt in tech knowledge would not be using their ISPs DNS servers.
openbox9
Premium Member
join:2004-01-26

openbox9 to 88615298

Premium Member

to 88615298
Semantics. Fine, you won't be disconnected, just restricted from doing most useful/productive things with your connection.