elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

FU Rogers

You have just lost a long term customer because of your inflexibility.

Wind mobile here I come. Instead of getting SOME money from me, you get nothing.

Of course you don't care, since I'm a minor blip on your ARPU
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

Contract renewal went well, I take it?
TechChime
join:2012-11-17
Barrie, ON

TechChime to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
Wind Mobile FTW. Not the fastest or best quality yet. But overall if you live in the coverage area and don't leave town much or hell even live in Barrie and commute to Toronto then you will get okay service for fraction the price.
Expand your moderator at work

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to bt

Premium Member

to bt

Re: FU Rogers

said by bt:

Contract renewal went well, I take it?

Exactly
elwoodblues

elwoodblues to TechChime

Premium Member

to TechChime
Yeah I know,

I figure for the 16 bucks a month more Rogers wants the Wind (and that's for 1gb of data not 6) I can handle the roamng charges.

The Ontario LD in the $30 plan is perfect. Just need to find a decent AWS phone now.

SimplePanda
BSD
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Montreal, QC

SimplePanda to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
Has WIND gotten a lot better? Everyone I know who was on a big 3 carrier and switched to Wind/Public/Mobilicity switched back because of dropped call / call quality issues.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

I am still with Wind ... my problem is not with Wind, but with my stupid Nokia phone that decides to disconnect from the network as soon as it completes a call now! I've had Wind for over 2 years and it has been fine. The roaming charges are no worse than RoBel!
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt to SimplePanda

to SimplePanda
said by SimplePanda:

Has WIND gotten a lot better? Everyone I know who was on a big 3 carrier and switched to Wind/Public/Mobilicity switched back because of dropped call / call quality issues.

It's been good in Ottawa, but we never seemed to have the kind of issues here that Wind customers in Toronto experienced.
rainor94
join:2009-03-05

rainor94 to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
Nexus 4
»play.google.com/store/de ··· gb&hl=en

If you're looking for phone recommendations the Nexus 4 is a great phone.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

I debating what i want.. i'm kinda pining for the optimus g pro... but it;s a few months out. I'll probably buy it from the google Play store, its 200 bucks cheaper then Wind Wants, AND i get an extra 10 bucks a month off.

Dones
join:2008-02-14
Toronto, ON

Dones to rainor94

to rainor94
I vouch for the nexus 4 as well.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983 to bt

Premium Member

to bt
said by bt:

said by SimplePanda:

It's been good in Ottawa, but we never seemed to have the kind of issues here that Wind customers in Toronto experienced.

Its funny you say that... I had issues in Ottawa at my hotel near the Rideau, where I'd randomly lose signal, and go roaming.

I haven't had any issues in Toronto. Prior to moving, I'd never have signal in my building's elevator, but I had signal with Wind.
New building, full signal in my elevator. Only place I lose my signal is in my building's parking garage. I do have 1 bar on a short stretch on Steeles between Dufferin & Bathurst, but that's really about it.

Toronto:
»www.cellmapper.net/map.p ··· &zoom=13

Ottawa:
»www.cellmapper.net/map.p ··· &zoom=12

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

corster to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
I was with WIND for about a year before I switched to Telus (Koodo).... the quality of the network is far above anything WIND can offer... even so, sometimes I think that I should just go back to WIND to pocket the $25/month.
dgass
join:2007-09-27
Etobicoke, ON

dgass to resa1983

to resa1983
The only place I get low data signal is between Kipling to just west of Martingrove along Rathburn on my commute home.

Otherwise in the almost 2 years I've been with Wind I haven't had many issues with poor quality calls dropped calls or low bars for data.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

said by dgass:

The only place I get low data signal is between Kipling to just west of Martingrove along Rathburn on my commute home.

Otherwise in the almost 2 years I've been with Wind I haven't had many issues with poor quality calls dropped calls or low bars for data.

I've had a total of 1 accidental dropped call, but that was from an issue with my phone... I've learned how to recreate the circumstances, so as NOT to do it anymore.

TOPDAWG
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB

TOPDAWG to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
boy thank god I just use a pre-paid phone. Load that bad boy up with $100 lasts me all year with money always lift over.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
Yeah, Winds prices seem normal on all the phones except that one. Pointless to buy it from them. It really should be $149 on the $30 month plan, that'd be for the 16GB unit.

softie
@teksavvy.com

softie

Anon

i liked that quote of Albert Einstein. These cellular companies love to gouge. Blame the gov't for anti-competitive practices for our high prices. you can call from Africa to canada for 3cents/miunute. Ask the idiot of a minister for telecom to explain this to us.

Rogers has got rich on the "backs" of canadians and continue to provide erroneous bills and claim it is the computer and not them such thieves at the top should be heavily fined. One has to spend 3 hours to get a customer service agent. No recourse for such behaviour. This govt and the CRTC are in bed with these cellular providers to protect their jobs.

SimplePanda
BSD
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

SimplePanda to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
Nexus 4 has some odd Wifi / data issue occasionally. If you leave a wifi area sometimes the HSPA+ connection never 'turns on' (to use a less than technical explanation).

N4 has become my "stays on desk" development phone for these reasons.

That said, between that and the Galaxy S3 I'd take the N4. TouchWiz + Samsung's horrible colour calibration are a total deal breaker for me.

BliZZardX
Premium Member
join:2002-08-18
Toronto, ON
·Bell Fibe Internet

BliZZardX

Premium Member

said by SimplePanda:

That said, between that and the Galaxy S3 I'd take the N4. TouchWiz + Samsung's horrible colour calibration are a total deal breaker for me.

You're also waiting around forever for Android updates. Just get CyanogenMod.

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

Xstar_Lumini to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
I switched from the thieves of Rogers last summer to WIND and I have never looked back. I have yet to experience the "poor" alleged Wind talk quality. I get WIND signal EVERYWHERE I go, almost all of the Golden Horseshoe, Toronto, Barrie, Newmarket, even Angus. There's WIND coverage from Ajax all the way to the U.S. border, that's where I am 99.9% of the time.

I can still make a phone call on my WIND phone from Wasaga Beach or Algonquin Park with roaming, who cares if I have to pay the 50 cents a minute fee while suckling off a foreign tower, if I make a phone call from outside my area it would be because I broke down in my car or say I have arrived, how much is saying those words going to cost me? $2 extra on my WIND bill at the end of the month? Big deal.

I love you WIND.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by Xstar_Lumini See Profile
I can still make a phone call on my WIND phone from Wasaga Beach or Algonquin Park with roaming, who cares if I have to pay the 50 cents a minute fee while suckling off a foreign tower, if I make a phone call from outside my area it would be because I broke down in my car or say I have arrived, how much is saying those words going to cost me? $2 extra on my WIND bill at the end of the month? Big deal.

I love you WIND.
[/BQUOTE :

That's my take on it too. Rogers is offering me an inferior package (data wise) for 10 bucks a month more then I pay now.

I'm, going to sign up for the Ontario ($30) deal and I figure I'd have to spend over $15/month,EVERY SINGLE MONTH, just to spend what Rogers wants to charge me.

Expand your moderator at work
elwoodblues

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Re: FU Rogers

And I'm gone. I figured I'd port out early to avoid any problems.
Well catch this out, they consider it a termination of service, and tried to nail me for early (16 days) termination fees of over $100.

There was pro rated amount for the voice service and $100 for data (the minimum)!!!

I got it all waived, but holy smokes.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by elwoodblues:

And I'm gone. I figured I'd port out early to avoid any problems.
Well catch this out, they consider it a termination of service, and tried to nail me for early (16 days) termination fees of over $100.

There was pro rated amount for the voice service and $100 for data (the minimum)!!!

I got it all waived, but holy smokes.

Every provider considers a port out to be a termination of service.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

I had heard that if i do call in and cancel proper, they prevent the port out.. So took a pre-emptive strike.

Call it what you want, I had no issues paying for the next 16 days even though I'm on Wind. I guess i'll see when the next bill comes.

Dan48
Trailer Park Supervisor
Premium Member
join:2002-12-17
Eh?

Dan48

Premium Member

You are right about that. In another life I worked for Rogers in a Cable/Wireless Center (a store not a mall booth). If you called to cancel to not get hit with pro-rated fees, you no longer were able to Port a number.
Several times, I had to explain this to customers. Now that being said, it's been years since I last worked there, but I doubt it has changed. It was supposed to be a glitch with the system (according to the lovely folks at Rogers call centres) and was supposed to be fixed withing a few months. This was back when Porting first came to Canadian wireless carriers.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

You can call it a glitch or whatever but I'm sure they don't want to encourage you to take the number as they'd rather dump it back in the pool then let you keep it both for competitive reasons and the fact that they likely never wanted porting in the first place.

SimplePanda
BSD
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

SimplePanda to Xstar_Lumini

Premium Member

to Xstar_Lumini
said by Xstar_Lumini:

I switched from the thieves of Rogers last summer to WIND and I have never looked back. I have yet to experience the "poor" alleged Wind talk quality. I get WIND signal EVERYWHERE I go, almost all of the Golden Horseshoe, Toronto, Barrie, Newmarket, even Angus. There's WIND coverage from Ajax all the way to the U.S. border, that's where I am 99.9% of the time.

I love you WIND.

Strange. I find there is -zero- WIND coverage anywhere in Toronto.

Oh... you're talking about something that's -not- LTE? ;p