pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA
kudos:3
reply to koitsu

Re: FreeBSD 9.1 EAGAIN with news client and pf rules enabled

I guess the OP is gone. In any event, I got curious if the new TCP stack caused the problem so I've tried (in a VM):

- FreeBSD 7.4 (afaik does not have the new stack backported, right?)
- FreeBSD 8.3
- FreeBSD 9.1

All exhibit the same problem. So I guess it's likely that it's an application bug or the code does something that does not work properly with FreeBSD.
--
"I drank what?" -Socrates

koitsu
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-16
Mountain View, CA
kudos:23
I wasn't aware there was a "new TCP stack".

If someone could tell me exactly how to set up + reproduce this (I tend to test such things under VMware Workstation) I can try to track it down with ktrace and some other tools.
--
Making life hard for others since 1977.
I speak for myself and not my employer/affiliates of my employer.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA
said by koitsu:

I wasn't aware there was a "new TCP stack".

I was probably thinking of the modular congestion control. I thought prior to that there were some major TCP stack changes, I could be wrong.
--

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA
reply to pf woes
If you're still out there OP, I signed up for a trial service and tested my friend's configuration and it worked fine with the same nzbget configuration and number of connections. So I think this is a problem on the server side or at least something about the FBSD system the remote server doesn't like.
--

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
Premium,MVM
El Dorado Hills, CA
reply to koitsu
Well, crap. I just had this happen on the trial news provider, too. So I'm starting to think it's our connections. We're in the same relative area both with comcast business class. I don't think my friend has the same speed plan as me, though I'm not sure that would matter.
--