uniqs
share rss forum feed

M A R S
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Long Island
kudos:1

Question about service and pricing

Im so sick of this $55 a month now. If i shut my service off and put in the name of someone else who lives with me who does not have the same last name as me will they pay the $29 a month price? What is involved in doing this?

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
kudos:2

Call CV to cancel service. Return the equipment. Call CV again and order service under different person's name, get yourself current promo.

M A R S
Premium
Long Island
reply to M A R S

You think i can just go to the cablevision store with the new subscriber and do it all in one shot.

feez

@optonline.net

They'll charge you a $30 installation fee.

Network Guy
Premium
New York
reply to M A R S

No. They will require a truck roll. They will charge $20 install fee in addition to first month's service payable in advance with a money order once they install service at premises.

Network Guy
Premium
New York
Reviews:
·Future Nine Corp..
·T-Mobile US
·Optimum Online
reply to M A R S

By the way.. Expect to be hassled and upsold by the fucking morons in the CV sales department. They tried to sell me a triple play insisting it was the only promo available. I had to log on to optimum.com and read the options to the idiot in order to get what I wanted, which was the Internet and video double play.

Or you can always order it online and save yourself the hassle of calling them. Truck roll and $20 install fee still applies though.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

1 recommendation

reply to M A R S

My property taxes just went up again, like they do every year, what can I do to beat the system? Maybe I'll put my house in my grandmothers name and receive a senior discount or move to a area with lower property taxes.

dtremain

join:2007-02-15
Florham Park, NJ

1 edit

Delete

Network Guy
Premium
New York
Reviews:
·Future Nine Corp..
·T-Mobile US
·Optimum Online
reply to dm145

said by dm145:

Maybe I'll put my house in my grandmothers name and receive a senior discount or move to a area with lower property taxes.

You can do that.. Or suck it up..

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by Network Guy:

said by dm145:

Maybe I'll put my house in my grandmothers name and receive a senior discount or move to a area with lower property taxes.

Or suck it up..

Exactly

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7
reply to dm145

said by dm145:

My property taxes just went up again, like they do every year, what can I do to beat the system? Maybe I'll put my house in my grandmothers name and receive a senior discount ...

its not against any law to do that as a life estate provided there is no mortgage/lien.
you can bet dollars to donuts that exactly what i am doing.
senior and government discount. whoohaa!
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata

M A R S
Premium
Long Island
reply to dm145

said by dm145:

My property taxes just went up again, like they do every year, what can I do to beat the system? Maybe I'll put my house in my grandmothers name and receive a senior discount or move to a area with lower property taxes.

Maybe you should.

JoeSchmoe007
Premium
join:2003-01-19
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Callcentric
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Network Guy

said by Network Guy:

No. They will require a truck roll. They will charge $20 install fee in addition to first month's service payable in advance with a money order once they install service at premises.

I believe I paid with personal check.

DarienRedSox

join:2013-02-10
Darien, CT
reply to M A R S

Call to cancel and your price will come down. They wanted to give me triple play with an upgrade to DVR storage space for $74 a month, and then when I told them no it went to $60 a month with an upgrade to the TV package as well.

M A R S
Premium
Long Island

See the reason i want to do this is a not just money but a point. The have been sending me weekly adverts in the mail to get the triple play from $69 to $89 this has been almost 2 years. But they wont give it to me because i don't have TV with anyone else. I would have taken the deal in the past but not now. We have not had any TV since thanksgiving 2010 and we don't miss it at all. I have even called and ask to not be sent the adverts but no luck. i got 3 of them in Feb alone. Now i just want to pay what my brother in pays. He is internet only too and paying $29 a mo! We have no need for TV or phone from them.

jaa
Premium
join:2000-06-13
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Optimum Online

said by M A R S:

He is internet only too and paying $29 a mo!

That sounds like a new customer promotion - first year price.
said by M A R S:

We have not had any TV since thanksgiving 2010 and we don't miss it at all.

Perhaps try the same with your internet? If you miss it, you can come back to CV with new customer pricing, or signup with VZ.
--
NOTHING justifies terrorism. We don't negotiate with terrorists. Those that support terrorists are terrorists.

M A R S
Premium
Long Island

Right, I'm going to cancel my shit with them and someone else is setting up new service.

jaa
Premium

Setting up new shit with CV?

JoeSchmoe007
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Callcentric
·Verizon FiOS
reply to M A R S

said by M A R S:

Right, I'm going to cancel my shit with them and someone else is setting up new service.

I think you gonna stir the shit.

single play

@optonline.net

Wait until he cancels his service then discovers there isn't any $29 single play.

M A R S
Premium
Long Island

said by single play :

Wait until he cancels his service then discovers there isn't any $29 single play.

Wait till you find out there is!

said by jaa:

Yeah

said by JoeSchmoe007:

said by M A R S:

?

jaa
Premium
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Optimum Online

said by M A R S:

said by jaa:

Yeah

Why not just dump them? Seems silly to throw away $29/mo on shit.
--
NOTHING justifies terrorism. We don't negotiate with terrorists. Those that support terrorists are terrorists.

M A R S
Premium
Long Island

said by jaa:

said by M A R S:

said by jaa:

Yeah

Why not just dump them? Seems silly to throw away $29/mo on shit.

That's not the only shit that seems "Silly"

jaa
Premium
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Optimum Online

True - most people have to pay to have their shit taken away. Somehow CV gets people to pay for theirs. Maybe it smells good. But I wouldn't pay no matter how good it smelled.
--

Network Guy
Premium
New York
reply to single play

said by single play :

Uh, yea there is.

JoeSchmoe007
Premium
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
·Callcentric
·Verizon FiOS
reply to M A R S

said by M A R S:

said by JoeSchmoe007:

said by M A R S:

?

That was an attempt of a joke