Crusty

join:2008-11-11
Sanger, TX
Reviews:
·Embarq Now Centu..
·CenturyLink
reply to Crookshanks

Re: Dearest Mob

And yet you forgot all the folks who are forced to pay $60+ for 10mbps connections. I am one of the tens of thousands, if not more, that would gladly pay $10 more a month to get a 1gbps symmetrical connection.

Haven't seen a speed increase in 5+ yrs but have seen a constant $$$ increase and yet, I must pay to stay connected. I"m so desperate to have a "fast" internet connection that i'd pay $100 a month for it. DSL isn't "fast".

Ericthorn
It only hurts when I laugh
Premium
join:2001-08-10
Paragould, AR
Reviews:
·Paragould.net
·Paragould.net

said by Crusty:

And yet you forgot all the folks who are forced to pay $60+ for 10mbps connections. I am one of the tens of thousands, if not more, that would gladly pay $10 more a month to get a 1gbps symmetrical connection.

Haven't seen a speed increase in 5+ yrs but have seen a constant $$$ increase and yet, I must pay to stay connected. I"m so desperate to have a "fast" internet connection that i'd pay $100 a month for it. DSL isn't "fast".

I'm all in with Crusty on this. I pay 62.95/mo for a 4/1 connection, and that's on muni owned cable. Anyone bitching about paying 70$ a month for anything faster can bite me. If a 1gbps connection was offered here, I'd gladly pay 100/mo for it, probably more. It just means I skip going out to dinner one night a month.

I'm probably in the minority on this as far as what I'd pay. After 25yrs of living in LA and only ever having DSL, then the last 10yrs here in Arkansas and having only recently been bumped to a 4/1 (used to be 2/512), I've never had even a 10mbps.

If Time Warner offered the connection at 70/mo, plenty of people would scoop it up.
--
Ever try stuffing a melted marshmallow up a wildcat's ass? It can be done, but you have to like your job. - This Is The Way The World Ends by James Morrow - Join a DC club, it can't hurt you!