spc
Search similar:

uniqs
DawsonvilleG
join:2010-08-01
Dawsonville, GA

3 edits

DawsonvilleG

Georgia Users Read This!!! CBS Atlanta wants video from you.

NOTE: This is for Georgians only. Others in other states, I strongly encourage you to contact your local media as I have to get this going for us in Georgia. Timing is critical.
-DawsonvilleG
-------------------------------------------------------------

CBS Atlanta News investigative reporter Jeff Chirico wants to hear from Windstream customers about their experiences with the company’s internet service.

Please shoot a video of YOU explaining the speed of Windstream's service and how it impacts you, your family or your business. 30 seconds or less. And please do not show a speedtest screen.

Please include your name and city and download it to our dropbox account.

»dropbox.yousendit.com/Ja ··· es539379

WE MAY USE THE VIDEO IN AN UPCOMING NEWS BROADCAST!

Also, feel free to follow me on Twitter @CBSATLChirico or

find me on Facebook »www.facebook.com/JeffChi ··· sAtlanta

Thank you!

------------------------------------------------------------
Timing is critical. Please send your video of you ASAP.
Bashlin
join:2011-06-20
Douglas, GA

Bashlin

Mods can we please get this stickied for at least a few weeks..??
Jeffrez
join:2012-10-28
Jefferson, GA

Jeffrez

This is awesome. I do not want to be on video or on TV but I will help any other way possible.

I got some help with WS. I can at least open my yahoo email now. But I REALLY want to watch youtube videos and I dream of using Netflix.... I think that's a fair request in 2013 in America. For $40+ a month for a greenline only I should get that.
athensgator
join:2011-10-17

athensgator

Great job on getting this arranged DawsonvilleG!

marbles90
I love torque
join:2010-01-15
Senecaville, OH

marbles90 to DawsonvilleG

to DawsonvilleG
I would definitely do this if I lived in GA, but I'd have to mail you a disc via USPS as it would get there a lot faster than trying to upload it.
DawsonvilleG
Dawsonville, GA

DawsonvilleG to Bashlin

to Bashlin
Mods,
Please stickie for one week.

Folks, they need these videos quickly. Thanks.

Would be great if some of you showed a speedtest and said what you are paying for. Not all though. They also want to hear how has this affected you.
JoeS2
join:2011-01-05
Dawsonville, GA

JoeS2 to DawsonvilleG

to DawsonvilleG
JoeS in Dawsonville and his deaf wife that depends upon the internet for communication will make a video this weekend.
DawsonvilleG
Dawsonville, GA

DawsonvilleG

Thanks Joe!
DawsonvilleG

DawsonvilleG

I tried to get this stickied but never got a response. Please get your videos to Jeff. Thanks!
Bashlin
Douglas, GA

Bashlin

i also asked the mods about stickying the post, either way it's appriciated to be able to have a voice with media. It may take some time before anything is done, but if we want service to improve sitting back and doing nothing will get you nothing.
GearheadX
join:2010-05-11
Hilliard, FL

GearheadX to DawsonvilleG

to DawsonvilleG
If I lived in Atlanta I'd be right there with you guys.

Give em hell.
DawsonvilleG
Dawsonville, GA

DawsonvilleG

Thanks. Who knows? Your local media might do the same for you guys in FL after they see what happened here. Never quit.
DawsonvilleG

DawsonvilleG

UPDATE FROM JEFF:

Update to video request. We've received several videos in response to our request. We'd like to clarify our request. Could you please send a video of yourself talking about the speed of Windstream internet? Many of the videos we received show the speedtest. While that's helpful, we'd prefer to see customers speaking about their experiences. Thank you for all your help.
DawsonvilleG

DawsonvilleG

Please send those videos in. Anything that tell how you have been affected. For example,

Has your child not been able to do his/her schoolwork at night?
Are you paying for Netflix but you can never use it?
Are you having to work at night to catch up because of your horrible connection?
Are you not able to play your online game with friends?

You get the idea...
DawsonvilleG

DawsonvilleG

Bump to the top...
DawsonvilleG

DawsonvilleG

Folks --please send some videos today! We are trying to air this story tomorrow since House bill 282 is making its way to the house floor tomorrow. It doesn't need to be long --just 10-30 seconds of you explaining the speed of your internet service.
Drop the video here:
»dropbox.yousendit.com/Ja ··· es539379

--Jeff Chirico CBS Atlanta
DawsonvilleG

DawsonvilleG

Check out today's comic:

»www.muninetworks.org/tag ··· 282-2013

You can use the link above to keep updated on HB 282 in Georgia.
DawsonvilleG

DawsonvilleG

Bump back to the top...
wowgirl22
join:2011-12-30
Cornelia, GA

wowgirl22 to DawsonvilleG

to DawsonvilleG
Watched the video report by CBS Atlanta...very interesting. I see me sending letter in the next day or so to my reps! Don't know that it will help but I can see for some areas this would be a huge plus but the government isn't interested in preventing monopolizes.
DawsonvilleG
Dawsonville, GA

DawsonvilleG

I was told they are voting today. Are you on FB? Please search for the group called "Georgia Windstream Problems" and join. We could use your efforts.
DawsonvilleG

1 recommendation

DawsonvilleG

Those who can watch CBS46 tonight, please tune in for the 11:00 pm news.
Bashlin
Douglas, GA

1 recommendation

Bashlin to DawsonvilleG

to DawsonvilleG
a BIG thank you goes out to Jeff and all who are continuing the fight, what ever the out come we are in this together !!!

»www.cbsatlanta.com/story ··· te-house
DawsonvilleG
Dawsonville, GA

DawsonvilleG

Tune back in tonight at 6pm. Windstream agreed to an interview.

marbles90
I love torque
Senecaville, OH

marbles90 to DawsonvilleG

to DawsonvilleG
Glad to see people actually got involved and the media is shedding light on the subject. Looking forward to Windstream's interview, but it will be someone smearing a bunch of BS all over the screen. "We are working at full capacity to ensure everyone gets [highspeed] internet" and "Windstream is committed at serving their customers with state-of-the-art dsl technology".

Hey even this article was featured on CBS Atlanta's home page. »www.cbsatlanta.com/story ··· t-speeds

Lets keep it going, but lets go nationwide.
DawsonvilleG
Dawsonville, GA

DawsonvilleG

I'm going to type a post with suggestions for how each of you can get going in your state. Not that you need to be told everything. Just share my experience if you want. It needs to be coordinated.
computerdoc06
join:2012-08-06
Campobello, SC

computerdoc06 to DawsonvilleG

to DawsonvilleG
Has the interview with Windstream been posted up anywhere yet?

thutchings6
join:2006-12-01
Whitney, TX

thutchings6 to Bashlin

to Bashlin
Thanks for the link Bashlin..I sent it to my local newspaper as I'm in a small town with out a television station..I'm in Whitney, Texas and have the same problem with WS..The worst part is that they still advertise and sell as if they can provide knowing full well they can not!! I can understand having growing pains but when you know about a problem and continue to compound it for current customers that is fraudulent..
nOv1c3
join:2006-11-08
Whitney, TX

nOv1c3 to DawsonvilleG

to DawsonvilleG
Hiya thutchings6 , I,m still having issue myself

DawsonvilleG any info you can give us on how to go about what you all did in Georgia would be great
wowgirl22
join:2011-12-30
Cornelia, GA

wowgirl22 to DawsonvilleG

to DawsonvilleG
We need to get all these videos together in a post and get a Moderator who is willing to sticky it for a few weeks at least so people can see them all in order. Since I have found more then one posted. Anyone know how to do that?

marbles90
I love torque
Senecaville, OH

marbles90 to computerdoc06

to computerdoc06
I guess the closest thing to the actual interview is the article I posted above. »www.cbsatlanta.com/story ··· t-speeds

They did make this official PDF available for the interwebs amusement. »ftpcontent.worldnow.com/ ··· eam2.pdf

2/3 of Georgia will receive upgrades in 2013 ehh? I find that really hard to believe after being fed lies on a regular basis for OVER three years now. Double speeds you say? So these customers still on 1.5Mbps tiers can finally get a 3Mbps which is a full 1Mbps short of the FCC's 4Mbps Broadband definition. How much is 24Mbps gonna run? More than cable and the speed doesn't even hold a candle to what cable offers. Ohh and what areas will be able to get 12Mbps and 24Mbps? The blue CLEC areas? Maybe a hand full of people a stones throw from the DSLAM could get it. "Should solve any speed issues...", can you sing it with me? Trololololololololo...

I'm gonna end my post now before I have a brain aneurysm.