dslreports logo
site
 
    All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer




how-to block ads


Search Topic:
uniqs
5150
share rss forum feed

Arcturus

join:2008-04-18
London, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Re: Status of things

said by TSI Marc:

US economy may crash tomorrow?

Thanks a lot, going on your advice you just cost me half my portfolio today!!


d4m1r

join:2011-08-25
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

On the Rogers side, we continue to press for a timeline to migrate to aggregated as soon as we can. Still no news to report unfortunately. In general, we are trying to migrate everybody quickly since I know many are keen to get the higher speeds.

Sounds like you guys won't take the 6 months additional time allocated for making the switch? It's a double edged sword now really....higher speeds vs higher costs...I personally want the higher speeds without thinking twice but I am not sure everything agrees...
--
www.613websites.com Budget Canadian Web Design and Hosting

aereolis

join:2003-06-12
Brampton, ON

said by d4m1r:

said by TSI Marc:

On the Rogers side, we continue to press for a timeline to migrate to aggregated as soon as we can. Still no news to report unfortunately. In general, we are trying to migrate everybody quickly since I know many are keen to get the higher speeds.

Sounds like you guys won't take the 6 months additional time allocated for making the switch? It's a double edged sword now really....higher speeds vs higher costs...I personally want the higher speeds without thinking twice but I am not sure everything agrees...

Sorry I haven't been around lately.... but what happened about the speed matching decision? Denied till tek goes with aggregated?
--
Hello

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13

yes.


resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

It was ultimately denied.

With the interim decision, the commission did note that Rogers wasn't clear what speeds Rogers was offering TPIA (upstream mainly), and ordered that Rogers refile their TN28-30 tariff pages stating upload speeds within 30 days of the Jan interim speedmatching decision - which is today - stating the upstream speeds of all the packages tariffed.

So, by today they'll file that they offer 45/4 to TPIA.

»webcache.googleusercontent.com/s···nk&gl=ca

The final speedmatching decision came out with the CBB decision, and the commission ordered all incumbents to file any and all 'optional' speeds at the retail level, and whether these optional speeds are available to TPIA by March 7th, at which point they'll file they offer their own customers 45/7.

»webcache.googleusercontent.com/s···nk&gl=ca

CRTC's site is down for maintenance, hense the google cache links.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP



andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1

Rogers did file the upload tariff yesterday

downloadRogers Revis··· 98B.pdf 40112 bytes
Upload speeds


TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

said by andyb:

Rogers did file the upload tariff yesterday
[att=1]

Yeah, they did.. Looks as though we will be grandfathering some speeds after all, we won't have a choice. The speed increases don't happen automatically and on the 28meg speed it even has a price increase.

Technically, we're still looking into this but at first glance it looks like D2 modems won't work on the upgraded speeds at all either. Not cool.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy


Rickkins

join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada

Any clue as to what the future holds for qc 30meg cable customers..??

Will some sort of relief be available for those who may prefer to jump over to dsl...??


resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to TSI Marc

Oh well.. Looks like I'll be filing something after Rogers files their 45/7 package for their own services come the 7th.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP


InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Technically, we're still looking into this but at first glance it looks like D2 modems won't work on the upgraded speeds at all either. Not cool.

Considering how much of a nightmare high speeds on D2 can be in heavily loaded nodes, I would say ditching D2 on higher-end tiers is the most logical choice.

stevey_frac

join:2009-12-09
Cambridge, ON
reply to TSI Marc

That kinda sucks, but then, I was hoping to move up to the 45/7 package once it's available anyways.

Internet is my only service, so I don't mind paying a good company for good service.

--Steve



TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
reply to InvalidError

yeah for sure... In Cogeco land, they instead have made it so if you plug n a D2 modem and you have a higher speed.. It will still work but at a reduced speed... I.e. 30 mbit with a D2 modem will work but at 16mbit..
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy



TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to stevey_frac

said by stevey_frac:

That kinda sucks, but then, I was hoping to move up to the 45/7 package once it's available anyways.

Internet is my only service, so I don't mind paying a good company for good service.

--Steve

What 45/7 package? I didn't see one in the tariff. *blinks*
Oh we know there is one, except only the 45/4 package is listed. Ofc knowing Ressy & the speed matching thingy - we'll be off to the CRTC again to get that enforced. ( I just get the feeling its another stall tactic. )
--
----|- From the mind located in the shadows of infinity -|----
Nine.Zero.Burp.Nine.Six
Twitter = Twizted Zero
Chat = irc.teksavvy.ca

stevey_frac

join:2009-12-09
Cambridge, ON

It is totally another stall tactic. But I have the reasonable expectation that resa et al will win that one for us.

--Steve


InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5

said by stevey_frac:

It is totally another stall tactic. But I have the reasonable expectation that resa et al will win that one for us.

There is nothing to 'win' there, regulations require that incumbents file tariffs for new tiers within 30 days of the first 3rd-party ISP requesting access to it. ISPs who want to offer that tier have likely already filed their requests, now they just have to wait for the tariff update.


Rickkins

join:2004-04-05
Mtl, Canada
reply to TSI Marc

I would go for the 50/10 dsl package in qc if it gets offered.


stevey_frac

join:2009-12-09
Cambridge, ON
reply to InvalidError

Ahh. Even better!