uniqs
share rss forum feed

geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

Mark77 Bad Mouthing Teksavvy. Spewing BS on IISPs

I don't care if it's OT. Mark77 is spewing tons of BS and this won't help Teksavvy or any IISPs because of his BS. Previous 2 threads got locked for OT. Ya well suck it up mods. Mark77 is spreading false accusations and if I remember anything from my law course last year, this is a tort and legal action can be taken. The IISPs need to do something about this guy. RFD is a public forum that is visited by thousands and many of them will listen to this guy and think that IISPs are shit and incumbents are good. Which is true to some extent.

»forums.redflagdeals.com/yes-crtc···1304419/
»forums.redflagdeals.com/yes-crtc···16428845

said by Mark77;16428845 :
Bell goes out and builds infrastructure. Teksavvy refuses to do so (outside of Chatham) and employs lobbyists. Forcing Bell to spend money on lobbyists as well to defend their position.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2

I put money its Mark Goldberg

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
reply to geokilla

From what I've read, he's simply expressing his opinion, which is his right. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it actionable in a court of law.

FWIW, for the most part, I don't agree with him either.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

atmx093

join:2009-01-07
Gatineau, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to elwoodblues

Are you sure it's not Kevin O Leary? The guy seems to hold a grudge against George Burger.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax9p7_Pxgrs

rogersmogers

@start.ca
reply to geokilla

said by geokilla:

I don't care if it's OT. Mark77 is spewing tons of BS and this won't help Teksavvy or any IISPs because of his BS. Previous 2 threads got locked for OT. Ya well suck it up mods. Mark77 is spreading false accusations and if I remember anything from my law course last year, this is a tort and legal action can be taken. The IISPs need to do something about this guy. RFD is a public forum that is visited by thousands and many of them will listen to this guy and think that IISPs are shit and incumbents are good. Which is true to some extent.

»forums.redflagdeals.com/yes-crtc···1304419/
»forums.redflagdeals.com/yes-crtc···16428845

said by Mark77;16428845 :
Bell goes out and builds infrastructure. Teksavvy refuses to do so (outside of Chatham) and employs lobbyists. Forcing Bell to spend money on lobbyists as well to defend their position.

Is there anything he posted that is no true? That would be the factor on sueing him but right now it looks like he did both something that is correct.

camelot

join:2008-04-12
Whitby, ON
reply to geokilla

He definitely sounds like he's a corporate shill.

MacGyver
Don't Waste Your Energy
Premium,ExMod 2003-05
join:2001-10-14
Canada
kudos:2
reply to atmx093

George Burger schooled, no, make that COLLEGED Kevin O'Leary in that interview and he hasn't forgotten it!

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
reply to geokilla

Read his first few posts, in the first thread you linked to... Didn't see anything that I didn't agree with, to be honest. After that, I lost interest.

(for the record, that parts I agreed with was that physical infrastructure is way more expensive then people typically understand, and that the value non-facilities based carriers add is minor, compared to those with poles and holes in the ground... After that, the entire deal fell into the TL;DR category)

Can you throw up a couple of the more 'interesting' comments, just for some flavour and context here?

BryceS

join:2007-09-17
Vanier, ON
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
reply to elwoodblues

said by elwoodblues:

I put money its Mark Goldberg

He's an ex-Nortel engineer who has been unemployed since the crash. Luckily he built up a massive stock portfolio in the 1990s and early 2000s and lives off of the dividends.

Emtu

join:2011-09-07
reply to geokilla

Honestly the RedFlagDeals forums are just full of nonsense. The majority of the people there are 25-30 somethings who live off their parents and are generally full of themselves. Trolling, flaming and general postcount++ crap is ridiculously rampant and their moderator team is slack as best. They have this 1000+ post defense squad clique and can never debate without throwing in personal jabs and irrelevant implications. Seeing them throw around bad information and opinion as fact is not uncommon, and trying to contribute intelligently to that kind of community is a waste of time.

xdrag

join:2005-02-18
North York, ON
reply to geokilla

Honestly, ppl bad mouth the incumbents all the time. Now that TSI is the face of "change", expect some negativity.

Not everyone is an advocate.

Eug

join:2007-04-14
Canada
reply to Emtu

Let's not make a mountain out of a molehill.

He's not a shill. He's just a very opinionated poster that is full of himself, despite being proven wrong repeatedly. Every forum has a few of these.

Let's not blow this out of proportion. The comment about taking legal action is just nonsense.

said by Emtu:

Honestly the RedFlagDeals forums are just full of nonsense. The majority of the people there are 25-30 somethings who live off their parents and are generally full of themselves. Trolling, flaming and general postcount++ crap is ridiculously rampant and their moderator team is slack as best. They have this 1000+ post defense squad clique and can never debate without throwing in personal jabs and irrelevant implications. Seeing them throw around bad information and opinion as fact is not uncommon, and trying to contribute intelligently to that kind of community is a waste of time.

Meh. If you can't take it, stay away.

Seriously though, I'm a member there and I like it just fine. I just avoid the Mark77 threads and such. I go for the Hot Deals and the informational threads. It is quite useful actually, as I just negotiated a great deal on my mortgage with help from posters there.
--
Everything Apple

Scycotic

join:2012-12-10
reply to Emtu

Re: Mark77 Bad Mouthing Teksavvy. Spewing BS on IISPs

Ouch, please don't lump all of us on that forum together...although there can be some ridiculous stuff posted that doesn't mean everyone is like that.

And Mark77's rants are well-known/common...I personally just ignore his posts when he starts monologuing.

neuromancer1

join:2007-01-22
York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
reply to Emtu

said by Emtu:

I couldn't agree with this more, you're spot on.
Expand your moderator at work

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to geokilla

Re: Mark77 Bad Mouthing Teksavvy. Spewing BS on IISPs

Aaiight.

I went though a couple of these posts and it's the same garbage incumbent apologists have been spouting since wholesale throttling began in 2007.

Although I find it somewhat concerning that incumbents are spending money on spreading this kind of "garbage PR" through their marketing/PR staff, the CRTC, and most telecom industry regulators recognize that our system is a virtual monopoly, and the value and pricing discipline that wholesale bring (to paraphrase KvF)

Mark77 is the same type of creature that justsomeguy was, a troll. Don't feed his desire for notoriety here.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

zed173

join:2010-07-17
Mississauga, ON
reply to LazMan

said by LazMan:

Read his first few posts, in the first thread you linked to... Didn't see anything that I didn't agree with, to be honest. After that, I lost interest.

(for the record, that parts I agreed with was that physical infrastructure is way more expensive then people typically understand, and that the value non-facilities based carriers add is minor, compared to those with poles and holes in the ground... After that, the entire deal fell into the TL;DR category)

Can you throw up a couple of the more 'interesting' comments, just for some flavour and context here?

Pretty much, I thought I was the only one feeling the same until I read your comment.

geokilla

join:2010-10-04
North York, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

Just read like half the posts Mark77 makes on RFD... I'm not gonna bother searching for them because honestly, it's terrible.

He stated that because the /100mbps costs were audited, they should be right, even when Teksavvy and them offered to PAY an auditor to audit them. Someone please explain to me how MTS can charge $300/100mbps while the cable companies can charge $3000/100mbps. And explain that to him on RFD.

WSRate

@distributel.net

said by geokilla:

Just read like half the posts Mark77 makes on RFD... I'm not gonna bother searching for them because honestly, it's terrible.

He stated that because the /100mbps costs were audited, they should be right, even when Teksavvy and them offered to PAY an auditor to audit them. Someone please explain to me how MTS can charge $300/100mbps while the cable companies can charge $3000/100mbps. And explain that to him on RFD.

Well unless you know all the fee ISPs have to pay to hook up to Bell/Rogers/Telus/MTS then you will see even MTS charge at the cheap rate $300/100mbps but ISPs will have to pay other fee and the end result might be more expensive compare to hook up to Bell because other fee is cheaper for Bell than MTS.