how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

FIOS4cable

join:2009-05-08
NYC

[HD] Verizon FiOS Launches STARZ PLAY And ENCORE PLAY

The STARZ PLAY and ENCORE PLAY services offer portable and online access to the best of the STARZ and ENCORE exclusive movies and originals premium programming at no extra charge.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

These require the Microsoft Silverlight browser plugin, so they won't work on Android or Mac devices (I don't think there is an iPad app and know there is no Android app) or in Windows 8 in metro mode (so no Surface RT), but it works fine in Windows 8 desktop mode on a PC or Surface RT.

WebCobbler

@verizon.net

There is an iPad app for both. Updated at the same time, etc.

Just like HBO GO and MAX GO. HBO always updates both at the same time bc they own both.

Same goes for Starz and Encore. Starz owns Encore.

Even if what I said isn't all accurate. You get my drift.

DGGSLF

join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA

I subscriber to both Starz and Encore along with my Ultimate packe. However, when I download these two apps to my iPAD and try to log in, it tells me that I'm not entitled and need to subscribe to a premium package and Starz/Encore, in order to use.

Is there a seperate subscription to use Starz/Encore play? HBO/Max Go and Showtime Anytime, has no such limitation.

PJL

Long Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by DGGSLF:

I subscriber to both Starz and Encore along with my Ultimate packe. However, when I download these two apps to my iPAD and try to log in, it tells me that I'm not entitled and need to subscribe to a premium package and Starz/Encore, in order to use.

Is there a seperate subscription to use Starz/Encore play? HBO/Max Go and Showtime Anytime, has no such limitation.

There is no separate subscription -- access comes with the TV subscription. It may be a problem with the iPad app since this is new to Verizon at least.

navyson

join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD
reply to FIOS4cable

Is there a Roku channel for this?

Shady Bimmer
Premium
join:2001-12-03
Northport, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to DGGSLF

said by DGGSLF:

Did you immediately try to 'login', or did you click 'register' initially?

I just installed on my iPad, clicked 'register' and was able to start up a movie successfully.

When you 'register' you identify your provider as FiOS then login to your FiOS account to complete the process. It is the same as with HBOGO and MAXGO.

DGGSLF

Lynn, MA

I just tried to log in (not register). I then got asked to choose my provider and chose Verizon. It took my credentials but then gave me the error about not being entitled.

If it makes any difference, I was using a sub account (my wife's) since it's her iPAD. I guess I should try my credentials (main account) to see if it makes a difference.

PJL

Long Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by DGGSLF:

I just tried to log in (not register). I then got asked to choose my provider and chose Verizon. It took my credentials but then gave me the error about not being entitled.

If it makes any difference, I was using a sub account (my wife's) since it's her iPAD. I guess I should try my credentials (main account) to see if it makes a difference.

You need to authorize the subaccounts for the video content. It is in the manage subaccounts screen on MyVerizon. By default they aren't authorized.

DGGSLF

Lynn, MA

The sub accounts are authorized for video content. That's the point. It workes fine with Max Go, HBO Go and Showtime Anytime. Even Epix works. Parental control is also set up to view all content.

PJL

Long Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit

said by DGGSLF:

The sub accounts are authorized for video content. That's the point. It workes fine with Max Go, HBO Go and Showtime Anytime. Even Epix works. Parental control is also set up to view all content.

I mentioned the sub-account authorization because you did not state in your original post that the sub-account was already authorized.

Did you try your account to see if it works?

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to FIOS4cable

said by FIOS4cable:

The STARZ PLAY and ENCORE PLAY services offer portable and online access to the best of the STARZ and ENCORE exclusive movies and originals premium programming at no extra charge.

However, They don't "approve" of, and won't run on an IPad thats been JB'ed. As far as I know, there's nothing illegal about JBing an IPad WiFi. They can take their non-approval and SIWTSDS.
That is all.
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

PJL

Long Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by miataman:

However, They don't "approve" of, and won't run on an IPad thats been JB'ed. As far as I know, there's nothing illegal about JBing an IPad WiFi. They can take their non-approval and SIWTSDS.
That is all.

Ah it sounds like you are describing a "rooting" issue then. On an Android device, certain streaming services will not work because of DRM issues if the device is rooted. STARZ and Encore through the Verizon Media Manager app will not work either unless the device is not rooted. There is an app for Android to "hide root" which allows streaming to occur though.
There are no STARZ or Encore Android apps yet -- it will be interesting to see if the invoke the non-root requirement. HBOGo and MaxGo do not, although the current version of the MaxGo app won't work for me.

DGGSLF

Lynn, MA
reply to PJL

I tried it again today, still using the sub account and now it works fine. I did nothing different on my end, so I'm assuming there were bugs that needed to be worked out in the back office systems.

PJL

Long Beach, CA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

said by DGGSLF:

I tried it again today, still using the sub account and now it works fine. I did nothing different on my end, so I'm assuming there were bugs that needed to be worked out in the back office systems.

I've read a bunch of complaints recently about the authorization problems. Glad yours seems okay.

navyson

join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD
reply to FIOS4cable

I just downloaded the app it seems to be working okay,

I am currently watching an episode of Boss.

I wish they had a Roku app like HBO Go.