how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

shanenc14

join:2009-03-25
Moore, SC

Max Turbo 24/3 - $72.00/month!?

Just got my new U-Verse bill, and my jaw dropped when I saw that the modem rental fee went to $6.00, and the actual price of Max Turbo increased making the HSI section of my bill $72.00 + taxes/fees....Guess I'll be on the phone with billling bright and early!!

anonconman

@sbcglobal.net

When you call make sure you tell them that you want to CANCEL. Thats the key word. The agent will not be able to give you a better deal unless you say the key word "cancel". Also research the local cable company's internet rates. For example say "I would like to cancel my HSI due to the very high price. Comcast is offering 20mbps for only $30/mo or 30mbps for only $40/mo. If you cannot match those rates I would like to cancel right now". The agent will then give you a deal you cant refuse and you will say no and say you want a better deal. The agent may "research" for better deals where he/she actually goes on a coffee break or files her nails for a few mins. They will come back and say they can't offer a better deal. Ask to speak with a manager. The agent will try and refuse because they have to do so much work to stand up and call a manager over. You must insist. The "manager" will eventually come over. This is not really the manager, its the same agent making up voices. He/she will give you a better deal. Now you accept the deal. This way the agent cant get in trouble because it was him/her that made the approval for $5/mo internet for 25 years. After agreeing with the deal the agent will say he/she needs to enter in some information into the computer to finalize things. What they are really doing going on facebook and updating their status to "omg wrk suxx ballzzz... omg yayy! LOL" and then instagram a duckface of themselves at work and hashtag such things as "#work #attprobz #attsux #annoyingcustomerz #cantwaittogetdrunkafterwork #spaatworkday #doingmynailzatwork #hittingonrandomcoworkersinsexyattpolosandkhakis #payday #unionCWAbenefitz" All you will hear is a lot of typing and heavy breathing so you think they are hard at work but really it only took them 23milliseconds to update your account. The agent will say bye and thank you for using the worlds largest telecommunications company and have a nice day. This is where youre supposed to hang up but if you don't it won't ever hang up because the agent can't hang up on you so they keep saying "hello" for about half an hour straight until the phone call drops because somebody got drunk after work and crashed into a cell tower while tweeting "omg done with work today!"

And thats how at&t works 99.99% of the time.

Slowverse

join:2012-02-01
Mobile, AL
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

said by anonconman :

When you call make sure you tell them that you want to CANCEL. Thats the key word. The agent will not be able to give you a better deal unless you say the key word "cancel". Also research the local cable company's internet rates. For example say "I would like to cancel my HSI due to the very high price. Comcast is offering 20mbps for only $30/mo or 30mbps for only $40/mo. If you cannot match those rates I would like to cancel right now". The agent will then give you a deal you cant refuse and you will say no and say you want a better deal. The agent may "research" for better deals where he/she actually goes on a coffee break or files her nails for a few mins. They will come back and say they can't offer a better deal. Ask to speak with a manager. The agent will try and refuse because they have to do so much work to stand up and call a manager over. You must insist. The "manager" will eventually come over. This is not really the manager, its the same agent making up voices. He/she will give you a better deal. Now you accept the deal. This way the agent cant get in trouble because it was him/her that made the approval for $5/mo internet for 25 years. After agreeing with the deal the agent will say he/she needs to enter in some information into the computer to finalize things. What they are really doing going on facebook and updating their status to "omg wrk suxx ballzzz... omg yayy! LOL" and then instagram a duckface of themselves at work and hashtag such things as "#work #attprobz #attsux #annoyingcustomerz #cantwaittogetdrunkafterwork #spaatworkday #doingmynailzatwork #hittingonrandomcoworkersinsexyattpolosandkhakis #payday #unionCWAbenefitz" All you will hear is a lot of typing and heavy breathing so you think they are hard at work but really it only took them 23milliseconds to update your account. The agent will say bye and thank you for using the worlds largest telecommunications company and have a nice day. This is where youre supposed to hang up but if you don't it won't ever hang up because the agent can't hang up on you so they keep saying "hello" for about half an hour straight until the phone call drops because somebody got drunk after work and crashed into a cell tower while tweeting "omg done with work today!"

And thats how at&t works 99.99% of the time.

Haha! That was awesome!

tberg

join:2001-08-23
Greenville, SC
reply to shanenc14

Or just call and ask for the retention department. I got $35/month cut off my Internet/TV bill along with an upgrade to the next TV package and free HD.
One call without any threats at all.