Solomon87
join:2002-12-18
Chicago, IL

1 edit

1 recommendation

Solomon87 to NormanS

to NormanS

Re: Comcast Punishes BitTorrent Pirates With Browser Hijack

Man oh man, look at all of the MPAA and RIAA apologists posting up in this thread. IT IS NEVER OK TO HIJACK YOUR PC, NOT EVEN FOR DOWNLOADING!

JohnInSJ
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Aptos, CA

1 edit

1 recommendation

JohnInSJ

Premium Member

said by Solomon87:

Man oh man, look at all of the MPAA and RIAA apologists posting up in this thread. IT IS NEVER OK TO HIJACK YOUR PC, NOT EVEN FOR DOWNLOADING!

They don't touch your PC. They control the pipe your PC is connected to. You violate the TOS/AUP (and the law) and they connect your end of the pipe to their walled garden.

Technology. Not magic.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

1 edit

PeteC2 to Solomon87

MVM

to Solomon87
said by Solomon87:

Nobody is hijacking anyone's computer. The internet connection is not your computer. The ISP is in effect protecting themselves against your illegal activity using their service.

I have no issue whatsoever if you consider the RIAA and MPAA to be organizations that you have a beef with...although I would wager that your only real complaint is that they expect you to pay money in order to obtain and enjoy media that they have a legal right to rent/sell. If you disagree with that, then fine, get off your butt and get the laws changed.

Personally, I have neither any friends, nor any enemies who work for either organization. If I want to view/purchase a song or movie to enjoy, my decision is based on how much do I want this song or movie, and is the price worth paying?

Do you obtain your clothing the same way? "Hmmm, I like this coat...but I hate the Banana Republic...so I am justified in stealing it"

The simple truth is that people steal on the internet, becasue it is so easy and thieves who are not bold enough to shoplift, feel safe in doing so on line.

Just because it is easy to steal on the internet, does not justify doing so.