join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to Krisnatharok

Re: EA using new consoles as excuse for price increases

said by Krisnatharok:

EA will lead the way (fooling all pc gamers while making that company rich), and other distributors will follow suit. Costs will be passed on regardless as to which platform you play on.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to Cthen

said by Cthen:

Pure speculation on your part and a very bad excuse to post console bullshit in the PC gaming forum.

lolwut? Are you serious? Do you think this will have nothing to do with the price of PC games? Do you think EA will release Battlefield 4 for $79.99 for Xbox 720 and PS4, but it will be $59.99 for PC?

I must have missed the /s tag on your post...
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

The Antihero

join:2002-04-09
Enola, PA
reply to Krisnatharok

I haven't owned a console since the SNES. Every time they come out with a new console, it's only a matter of time before they stop making games for the one you've already bought. And a lot of these systems aren't backwards-compatible, so you won't be able to play your old games on them.

At least when you upgrade a PC, most of your old games will still work.

graniterock

join:2003-03-14
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to Krisnatharok

When you factor in prices for inflation games are much cheaper today as compared to 20 years ago. In the end the market will speak. Wii's success was partially attributed to its lower price tag. I also find games lose their value faster than they used to (thanks steam). If one can wait a few months it can almost be found cheaper.

»www.1up.com/news/90s-game-price-···harticle

said by Krisnatharok:

lolwut? Are you serious? Do you think this will have nothing to do with the price of PC games? Do you think EA will release Battlefield 4 for $79.99 for Xbox 720 and PS4, but it will be $59.99 for PC?

It wasn't that long ago I seem to recall many console games had a $10 markup over PC games. If they find alot of PC players won't buy it for 80 bucks they will be forced to either lower the price or get out of PC gaming.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
reply to The Antihero

A matter of time? Obviously. The xbox 360 has been around for nigh on eight years. That's not a bad return on your investment. I bet Windows 8 doesn't last as long.
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to graniterock

said by graniterock:

if they find alot of PC players won't buy it for 80 bucks they will be forced to either lower the price or get out of PC gaming.

No, they'll blame piracy and put more draconian drm on the game. Its 2013 that how the world game world works now.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
reply to Krisnatharok

EA is having some great PR lately.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3

Maybe the shareholders will get a clue sometime this century and fire all the dumb execs... just maybe.

Deschain

join:2012-12-13
Blighty
reply to diablo1892

said by diablo1892:

Well I ain't paying for a game that's $80 especially the ones with just singleplayer (bioshock) but why even bother with some of these latest games with the multiplayer? I can't even play it due to my incredible lag connection.. Free to play don't even help, the last 5 free to play games that come out are MMO, MP and coop so thats no fun. Plus I see the gaming future as being a "constant connection" witch means the entire time your playing any game you need to have a constant connection and if that connection drops so does your game.. LAME

If I was you, I would just give up gaming. Take up knitting, or something.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
reply to Krisnatharok

here is what the future of consoles should be:

»www.cnn.com/2013/03/12/tech/gami···t=hp_bn5

pretty awesome, $99, and all games are free or at least have free trial

if I can get casual gaming into my living room for this cheap, and enjoy it with my wife, I'm in

Mike
Premium,Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

They could go nostalgia and ask people to remanufacture old games.

Contra anyone?

TheThing

1 edit

if it's 100% digital, I'm in

I'd be playing that shit right away

I'm pretty excited about this, i'll definitely get it... and I'm 99% anti console

Kickstarter... open source... and 100% digital? wow... the future is looking pretty amazing! can we get LoL on this? FFS that would be awesome

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to TheThing

I dunno about all the game being free, that seems like it wouldn't work too well. But free demos are something I can get behind so I know if the game is worth my time. It has the tegra 3 so it may be similar in capability to the nexus 7 my mom has.

TheThing

1 edit

i mean I don't expect to play crysis 3 on it... and it sounds like its going to turn your TV into a big tablet or whatever...

but some casual mmo or something would be cool... or something along the lines of old school games like mike said... final fantasy etc...

hopefully it can/will support some 100% online things and 100% offline things

can you imagine a device like this in the future supporting a 100% free to play World of Warcraft? with micro transactions... would have like 20+ mill players

Mike
Premium,Mod
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to TheThing

That is the only way they can survive.

Ouya is going to be updated every year.

The only problem is right now the hardware is absolute shit.

1.7 GHz Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A9
Tegra 3
1 GB RAM
8GB Flash Storage

It's basically an old Android phone.

PS4:
8 Core AMD something or other
Some custom AMD graphics thing
8GB of DDR 5 RAM
Some Hard Drive

--
"If something about the human body disgusts you, complain to the manufacturer" - Lenny Bruce
What this country needs is a good five dollar plasma weapon.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI
Reviews:
·ooma
·Comcast
·Callcentric
·Site5.com

said by Mike:

That is the only way they can survive.

Ouya is going to be updated every year.

The only problem is right now the hardware is absolute shit.

1.7 GHz Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A9
Tegra 3
1 GB RAM
8GB Flash Storage

It's basically an old Android phone.

PS4:
8 Core AMD something or other
Some custom AMD graphics thing
8GB of DDR 5 RAM
Some Hard Drive

Ouya is going to appeal to a whole different spectrum of gamers. When the Wii was announced, many gamers including me scoffed at the console and how gimmicky it was. Yet, it was a huge seller. I am not comparing Ouya to the Wii, but I am saying it looks to have a place in the video game market. I will be paying close attention to it.

On another note....

Imagine how lucrative a console would be if it would be running mame. You pay .99 per game and you can relive such classics like Street Fighter and Donkey Kong right there on your big screen TV. I imagine it hasn't happened yet due to licensing though.
--
My domain - Nightfall.net

TheThing

if I want to play something intense... i have my pc

ouya will be nice... lighthearted games with wife im thinking, ranch rush, plants vs. zombies, angry birds-ish type games

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Nightfall

said by Nightfall:

I am not comparing Ouya to the Wii, but I am saying it looks to have a place in the video game market. I will be paying close attention to it.

Agreed, I'm getting one just because of what it is, and because I support the product's aims philosophically as well... I think it would be good to have something that competes with other consoles that is both more open and user driven...
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
Reviews:
·FreePhoneLine
reply to TheThing

Pretty much +1

I'll wait to see how it is... but I'll most probably get it for casual gaming, especially with my wife.

The Wii was perfect for that, but the game selection wasn't too impressive. With this being on Android, I think things will work out to be much better.

TheThing

1 edit
reply to Krisnatharok

On July 31, 2012, Square Enix announced that Final Fantasy III would be made available as a launch title for Ouya.[13]

jajajajaja!

this is the only console I have been interested in, in the past 10 years... going to pre-order it tonight so i get it in april instead of june

final fantasy 3, it is an HD upgrade, looks pretty awesome, just watched a video, im pumped!

Phantasee

join:2009-08-27
Hammond, LA
reply to Krisnatharok

I'd still like to see a solid MMO come to the PS4/Xbox 720. Besides DC Universe...