spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO

EA games to all have microtransaction in the future.

"We are building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way; to get to a higher level," he explained.
I hope that doesn't mean you'll only get x% of a game when you pay >$60 for it like they want and then have to pay even more to get the rest.

"And consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of business."
Who!? I mean sure with free to play games it work, but cause thats the only thing you have to pay for, and even then its optional, they should NOT be part of a full priced game. I know I wont embrace that way of business for games I already paid for.
»www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/27/···re-games

TigerLord
UEE Citizen
Premium,Mod
join:2002-06-09
Canada
kudos:8

Leave it to EA to put words in our mouth so they can justify draconian DRM and shitty design ideas.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to me1212

I hope EA goes out of business.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to me1212

This is just boosterism for ever raising prices and using a single IP as long term revenue genarating model, which is an unrealistic expectation of the market and consumers.

EA, not wanting to compete on price, is trying to sell the line that higher prices and DRM are somehow better for the market, games and gamers.

I hope they go out of business too, and I'm thankful that Steam, and GOG exist to "adjust" EA's reality distortion field.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

Mcrobrewer
Premium
join:2001-03-04
Trenton, NJ
reply to me1212

Most games these days have microtransactions....

It is the way the industry is going and personally I think it is smart.
--
Obama is a liar.... a cheat... a person of low moral character... the least common denominator...

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1

said by Mcrobrewer:

Still on the fence about it

diablo1892
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise

join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·HughesNet Satell..
reply to me1212

said by »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micropayment :

A micropayment is a financial transaction involving a very small sum of money and usually one that occurs online. PayPal defines a micropayment as a transaction of less than 12 USD[1] while Visa prefers transactions under 20 Australian dollars,[2] and while micropayments were originally envisioned to involve much smaller sums of money, practical systems to allow transactions of less than 1 USD have seen little success.[3]

One problem that has prevented the emergence of micropayment systems is a need to keep costs for individual transactions low,[4] which is impractical when transacting such small sums[5] even if the transaction fee is just a few cents.

said by Mcrobrewer:

Games have now officially become history for me.. Just a thing in the past.
--
HT1000/ BeamID 32/ Power Max plan/ 4 pcs on a D-Link wired switch/ wireless D-Link router with password
Support only the gaming company's that matter the most, pay for something that actually is worth buying
or has a good reason for how much it's worth.

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to Mcrobrewer

I don't have a problem if its like tf2 micro transactions and its not a pay to win system, but I will be shocked if EA follow that line of microtrans. And not every game needs it, I don't think all games over all(meaning mor than just ea) will have it in the future

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to Mcrobrewer

said by Mcrobrewer:

Microtransactions + $60 game? No thanks.

I'll do either or. Not both.
--
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have. -MLK

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
reply to Mcrobrewer

The ones that do, seem to be low priced or free to play.

I don't have a problem with those games and microtransactions.

Now if I'm plunking down 60 bucks or more for a game, it better will be complete. Meaning no DLC during the first week of release [Mass effect 3 had DLC at release], maybe a few free microtransactions.

Or they need to reduce their price.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

said by Snakeoil:

Or they need to reduce their price.

Looking at BF3 here..

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

There's been so many sales on that game...

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

said by Krisnatharok:

Not really the premium version.. it's pretty much no fun unless you get that version.

It's a $49 add-on

graniterock
Premium
join:2003-03-14
London, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to me1212

said by me1212:

"We are building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way; to get to a higher level," he explained.

I think we see a form of this already with games that have "seasons" each of about 5 hours of play time. Usually you buy the whole series at once but with some of them you can by smaller chunks.

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI

1 recommendation

reply to me1212

Well, when you keep buying their products it only tells them that you are fine with what they are doing.
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

DMWCincy

join:2004-04-27
Fairfield, OH
reply to Subaru

said by Subaru:

said by Krisnatharok:

Not really the premium version.. it's pretty much no fun unless you get that version.

It's a $49 add-on

Guess I got lucky. Only reason I got it was because the game itself was 9.99 and I got the premium for 29.99. Sadly that sale is done now

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium
Greenwich, CT

said by DMWCincy:

said by Subaru:

said by Krisnatharok:

It's a $49 add-on

Guess I got lucky. Only reason I got it was because the game itself was 9.99 and I got the premium for 29.99. Sadly that sale is done now

yeah I wished I got into that deal..
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!