spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jpren74

@verizon.net

Fios guide showing wrong times for programs Long Island

Is anyone else noticing this? For example next Sunday march 10th shows walking dead and shameless starting at 8 when they start at 9 or once upon a time starting at 7 instead of 8. Haven't had a chance to call tech support but I reset boxes and router and still nothing

thetick

join:2009-06-22
White Plains, NY

Daylight Saving Time 2013 begins at 2:00 AM on Sunday, March 10. I suspect this explains a hour difference. Not sure when but the guide will probably show the correct time once closer to DST.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

said by thetick:

Daylight Saving Time 2013 begins at 2:00 AM on Sunday, March 10. I suspect this explains a hour difference. Not sure when but the guide will probably show the correct time once closer to DST.

I suspect the guide actually stores program times in GMT and converts it to the local time when it is displayed. So when the time changes, the program times will be properly displayed, but not until them. This is the way all e-mail is handled. Messages include when they were created, sent, relayed, etc. in GMT and the client translates that to local time. That's why you can send an Outlook meeting notice from the west coast to someone on the east coast and have it properly display the local time in the user's local Outlook.