uniqs
share rss forum feed

ipman

join:2010-08-31
San Jose, CA

bandwidth cap, am I subjected?

I see the following text in my AT&T page:

"High Speed Internet Data Usage Since Last Bill Details

Your usage is not yet available for display. You should not be concerned about your usage for billing purposes. AT&T will keep you informed about your data usage via email."

This has been going on for months. Does not matter what day of a month I checked. Does it mean I am not subjected to caps?

waver168

join:2005-04-08
Fremont, CA

If you're getting that msg, I think you're using u-verse?
My understanding was u-verse has a 250G paper cap, but the meter was never working for u-verse customers (something to do with problems separating tv & internet traffic?). So it was never really enforced.

ipman

join:2010-08-31
San Jose, CA

yes, I am using u-verse. I wasn't aware that the bandwidth meter didn't work for u-verse. I am an internet only customer so technically they should have no problem figuring out my bandwidth.

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·MegaPath
reply to ipman

I am a U-Verse Business user and I agreed to the same 250gig cap when signing up- the TOS was the same for residential as business on the web portal login/creating a userid. Although when I login to the portal itself to check usage, it tells me I'm on unlimited usage.

The cap would need to be discussed with AT&T and see what they tell you as they decide if you are subject to them or not. Unless the portal tells you otherwise.