yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to Davesnothere

Re: Start payments

said by Davesnothere:

said by rocca:

Thanks. For what it's worth, we were able to get the TD Debit Visa card added to our merchant account and can run those cards now.

So when TD forces these new cards on all of their customers at some point (which my branch manager told me will happen), START will be ready.

I wonder how many OTHER Canadian merchants even KNOW about this new scheme to which TD has just made a change of PoS loyalty, and whether and/or how long before the rest of the Canadian 'Big 5' banks embrace what amounts to 'corporate Point-of-Sale treason' ?

This only affects online and telephone transactions. Retail POS systems in Canada will not accept Visa Debit. They must be run through as Interac when presented at a retailer.

DeViLzzz

join:2004-07-29
Sarnia, ON
reply to WiMax
On this whole subject of payments I am tired of companies forcing us into pre-authorized payments and also not allowing us to switch billing dates.

andyb
Premium
join:2003-05-29
SW Ontario
kudos:1
said by DeViLzzz:

On this whole subject of payments I am tired of companies forcing us into pre-authorized payments and also not allowing us to switch billing dates.

I wont deal with anyone who does that. Bell requires it and they scam extra money all the time so I left them.My auto insurance requires it but they supply me with a list of withdrawl amounts for the year.No changes

Guru

join:2008-10-01
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 edit
reply to DeViLzzz
said by DeViLzzz:

not allowing us to switch billing dates.

This I don't like either. IMHO, I don't see a big deal as many of you are making. This is 2013, not 1960....

People who complains, use up all their CC and happily paying INTEREST RATES but won't use it to make their life easier... LOL

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7

1 edit
reply to DeViLzzz
said by DeViLzzz:

....It did not accept the TD Visa Debit card as a bank card.

That's because TD gave up the Interac Online functionality (in their new access cards) as I explained in earlier posts, and the Gov't site needed that.

The BMO Travel Mastercard (a very affordable reloadable prepaid card) does not compromise the functionality of their bank card/accounts in order to be a credit card, as it is a standalone card.

I also have posted before about it (maybe in the current thread, but certainly in others), and that I am quite satisfied with it.

TD and RBC do not offer such cards, and I don't think that CIBC does either, as they did the VISA debit thing before TD did - not sure about Scotiabank.

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to yyzlhr
said by yyzlhr:

said by Davesnothere:

So when TD forces these new cards on all of their customers at some point (which my branch manager told me will happen), START will be ready.

I wonder how many OTHER Canadian merchants even KNOW about this new scheme to which TD has just made a change of PoS loyalty, and whether and/or how long before the rest of the Canadian 'Big 5' banks embrace what amounts to 'corporate Point-of-Sale treason' ?

This only affects online and telephone transactions. Retail POS systems in Canada will not accept Visa Debit. They must be run through as Interac when presented at a retailer.

Correct (so far).

mlord

join:2006-11-05
Nepean, ON
kudos:13
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to MichelR
said by MichelR:

I've had credit cards for 23 years and have always paid my bill as soon as I received it (be it in paper or electronic form).

Speaking of which, here's a tip that some of you may find useful:

I have a savings account and two credit cards with CIBC.

Over a decade ago, I called in and arranged to have the credit card balances automatically paid from my savings account on the due dates each month. It took a bit of discussion to get this to happen, but they agreed and set it up that way.

Now I never miss paying the monthly balance in full on-time each month, because it happens automatically. Just like pretty much all of the other monthly bills.

Cheers