how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JAC70

join:2008-10-20
canada

Dear God: Rogers TechXpert

Looks like Rogers is getting in to the PC Tech Support business.
»www.rogers.com/web/content/techxpert
I can think of nothing I'd like less than giving a Rogers phone rep remote access to my PC.

========================

Your family deserves to have peace of mind online. With Rogers Online Protection Premium and Rogers TechXpert™, we’ll help prevent and solve your tech issues 24/7. Subscribe today and enjoy the fastest high-speed Internet.

Rogers TechXpert

• Enjoy convenient, live 24/7 tech support by phone or online chat
• Get help with computer optimization and troubleshooting
• Receive automated health checks and more

Rogers TechXpert for Computers $9.99/mo3
INCLUDES ALL MONTHLY FEES

Rogers TechXpert Whole home $14.99/mo3
INCLUDES ALL MONTHLY FEES

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

PASS

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
reply to JAC70

Hahahahah!!!

Expand your moderator at work

tmpchaos
Requiescat in pace
Co-Lead Mod
join:2000-04-28
Hoboken, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to JAC70

Re: Dear God: Rogers TechXpert

This is all I need to see to know it's worse than useless:

Are there any minimum technical requirements for me to use the service?
Yes. To qualify for support, you must

Own or have access to all the technology you are asking for help with, and it must be in good working order.
For computer support, your computer must be unboxed and set up.
As well, for remote take-over support, you must have
Rogers Hi-Speed Internet access
Administrator level access on your computer
Access to any required passwords
PCs must be running Windows 2000 or later
Macs must be running Windows OS X or later
A minimum 256MB of RAM

--
***ATMFAQ***DIFAQ***Kitchen Sink***

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13

In good working order???? Surely if it was in good working order, I wouldn't be calling them!!!!

SimplePanda
Go Habs Go
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Toronto, ON
reply to JAC70

Alas, I don't qualify as my Mac isn't running Windows OS X.

Bummer.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

said by SimplePanda:

Bummer.

Windows OS X (version 10.9.3) is Teh™ Speediest.

That said, this has been around for a while.

Rogers also has their Home Security thing happening now...
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Anzio

join:2008-11-22
Innisfil, ON
reply to SimplePanda

said by SimplePanda:

Bummer.

LOL! I had to check the site out to verify. I was a little disappointed to see that you need Windows OS X. Too funny.

I'd be more than happy to give them my money for tech support, they seem competent. /s

dabonz

join:2012-05-17
Ottawa, ON

Yeah Right lol tech expert lol what a joke

humanfilth

join:2013-02-14
cyber gutter
reply to JAC70

Re: Dear Dog: Rogers TechXpert

I sure hope that Rogers highlights any terms they may have about how their "expert" can bork your computer and deny any responsibility.

[sarcasm]As the law states: you the customer are guilty, guilty, guilty for the borking because the corporation said so.[/sarcasm]

where is their Microsoft knowledge certificate? for viewing, plus their tech education stats

I do wonder if they support when someones friend gets bored and inverts the customers screen?

Or locks the toolbar on the side.

Of course there are people who use the recycle bin as their file storage, so deletion of contents would make the customer scream bloody murder.

cpsycho

join:2008-06-03
HarperLand
reply to JAC70

Re: Dear God: Rogers TechXpert

Rogers fix all solutions.

Rep: Please turn off and on your computer.

Rep: That did not work? We can't help you then. But thank you for your money.

HammerofGawd

join:2012-06-30
reply to JAC70

You folks all sound sound computer savvy, but most callers I deal with are assuredly NOT and need such a service for things unsupported. Understand clearly: all calls are timed, the moment you come on my line the clock is running as to how much time I can give you.

JAC70

canada

said by HammerofGawd:

You folks all sound sound computer savvy, but most callers I deal with are assuredly NOT and need such a service for things unsupported. Understand clearly: all calls are timed, the moment you come on my line the clock is running as to how much time I can give you.

Your call metrics are not our concern. Our concern is a timely, effective solution to our issue, something that 1st level support has repeatedly proven incapable of providing. And Rogers has the Hubris to offer a whole-home support option?

HammerofGawd

join:2012-06-30

"Your call metrics are not our concern."

LOL...that's where you're wrong. YOU clearly do NOT understand how the industry functions.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable

He's absolutely right ... Your call metrics are not the customers' concern. Your call metrics are between you and your call centre management, whilst trying to provide the customer with the service they need. Management have a very hard job understanding that concept that the number of calls per hour is not always an accurate measure of the benefit you provide the company.

Call metrics are invariably a poor mechanism to determine your ability to do the job which is to provide customer satisfaction. I've had to educate several managers in many years working for a major computer manufacturer who's no longer around, that as my skill improved I ended up with more complex calls, and more complex calls take longer to fix, even if I'm more skilled. They eventually saw the light and understood.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
reply to tmpchaos

said by tmpchaos:

This is all I need to see to know it's worse than useless:

Are there any minimum technical requirements for me to use the service?
Yes. To qualify for support, you must

Own or have access to all the technology you are asking for help with, and it must be in good working order.
For computer support, your computer must be unboxed and set up.
As well, for remote take-over support, you must have
Rogers Hi-Speed Internet access
Administrator level access on your computer
Access to any required passwords
PCs must be running Windows 2000 or later
Macs must be running Windows OS X or later
A minimum 256MB of RAM

Windows OSX sounds sexy! The best of both worlds... Windows and Mac together at last!
--
Remember that cool hidden "Graffiti Wall" here on BBR? After the name change I became the "owner", so to speak as it became: Dustyn's Wall »[Serious] RIP

JAC70

canada
reply to HammerofGawd

said by HammerofGawd:

"Your call metrics are not our concern."
LOL...that's where you're wrong. YOU clearly do NOT understand how the industry functions.

Well enough, in general terms. As a CSR, want to maximize your calls per hour and calls handled per day, your call quality scores and whatever sales targets you have to meet. You want to minimize handle time, hold time, call work time and avoid any of the serious errors that will result in a failed score. I'm sure FCR percentage figures in there, and customer follow-up evaluations, etc etc etc.

But like I said, as customers, we don't care. You're getting paid, but any ineptness on your part is costing us time and money.

CyberCam

join:2008-04-21
Whitby, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to JAC70

LOL! Rogers giving tech support is like the blind leading the deaf through a mine field! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hold on...
Grabs lawn chair...
Grabs large bowl of popcorn...
Sitting and waiting for the wave of p.o. customers flooding these forums!!!

This should be good!

Dones

join:2008-02-14
Toronto, ON

said by CyberCam:

This should be good!

East56

join:2013-04-03
St John'S, NL
reply to sbrook

said by sbrook:

He's absolutely right ... Your call metrics are not the customers' concern. Your call metrics are between you and your call centre management, whilst trying to provide the customer with the service they need. Management have a very hard job understanding that concept that the number of calls per hour is not always an accurate measure of the benefit you provide the company.

Call metrics are invariably a poor mechanism to determine your ability to do the job which is to provide customer satisfaction. I've had to educate several managers in many years working for a major computer manufacturer who's no longer around, that as my skill improved I ended up with more complex calls, and more complex calls take longer to fix, even if I'm more skilled. They eventually saw the light and understood.

Call center management is absolutely insane with mundane statistics and micromanagement of this sort.