All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to rrlover

to rrlover

Re: [X1] Xfinity TV on X1 Platform and X1 Remote Control App!

I thought the x1 was going to allow people to block channels they don't subscribe to like satellite services do?
aguiar0016
join:2006-01-23
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016

No all channels still show up on the guide. I don't think that will change b/c that way a customer can see the other channels available and hopefully subscribe to them.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA

cypherstream

MVM

But it does do Auto-HD from what I saw. Like the channels in the 800's or 1000's wouldn't really be needed because if you type in '10' it will show it in HD if available.
SpHeRe31459
Premium Member
join:2002-10-09
Sacramento, CA

SpHeRe31459

Premium Member

said by cypherstream:

But it does do Auto-HD from what I saw. Like the channels in the 800's or 1000's wouldn't really be needed because if you type in '10' it will show it in HD if available.

That's a major plus, most people I know (especially older folks) don't even know/care/can't remember the HD channel equivalent, and so end up watching the SD version.

I still think it's crazy that more TV providers haven't just adopted the model that Dish has where the channels are literally the same number, so you won't get confused and/or forget the HD version's number. Their boxes tune to the correct version given your set-top box capabilities and/or TV setup preferences on the box.

With everything on Comcast's network being digital now anyway all the "channels" are in a virtual channel table map anyway, so it's entirely arbitrary what number is used in the guide.
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

dishrich

said by SpHeRe31459:

I still think it's crazy that more TV providers haven't just adopted the model that Dish has...

DirecTV does the same
aguiar0016
join:2006-01-23
New Bedford, MA

aguiar0016 to cypherstream

to cypherstream
That is correct it is nice feature, only downside that if the channel isn't broadcasting in HD you can't change over to the SD channel with the feature on.

cypherstream
MVM
join:2004-12-02
Reading, PA
·PenTeleData
ARRIS SB8200

cypherstream

MVM

With DirecTV I have the default "hide sd duplicates" option. To tell you the truth, I never miss the SD equivelent. 90% of what we watch is HD and if something is pillarboxed or stretched I really don't care. Point is DirecTV overcompresses SD so poorly that stretched upconverted hd feeds looks 100 times better. Yeah really!

More cable companies are slowly starting to offer AutoHD. It started with Cablevision but now Rogers offers it and so does Time Warner in their Navigator software. SARA 1.92 and newer,Rovi Passport 5.5 / Echo 3.5 and newer support it as does TWC ODN. I think that just leaves out idiotGuide eh- I mean iGuide. Does TiVo have this feature?

dubz
join:2002-12-19
San Ramon, CA

dubz

i Just wrote a damn paragraph 5min ago and its not show up on this thread! Round Deuce: I live in San Ramon CA. and Comcast is scheduled to install X1 dvrs and reg X1 HD box in my padd next week! Happy to finally have a nice guide and a fkn DVR! Anyways just a heads up.

I think you have to be a triple play subscriber to qualify for da X1 .. not sure tho!