spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Titan01
join:2001-08-14
New York, NY

Titan01

[TWC] TWC in 10128

Anyone in NY, NY 10128 have TWC cable? How are your speeds/service? I'm planning on getting it next week. Want to know what to be aware of...such as packet loss.. etcc
nephipower
join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX

nephipower

It's pretty much impossible for us to say how you service will be. Even is someone here is in your same zip code people can get very different quality of service because zip codes covers a lot of people.

You would be best off going around to your neighbors and talking to them to see if they have TWC and if they have any problems with them. But even that can be tough because a lot of the time problem such as crappy connection may be cause of crummy router that TWC hands out. However, things like that can easily be fixed by just getting a modem and using your own router.
Titan01
New York, NY

Titan01

if they supply the router, can i just unplug and switch it to mine?
Titan01

Titan01

just got the service... install was...well.. typical twc... in and out in under 30 min ... no customer care etc.

anyway took me over an hour myself to get them to activate the modem so i can actually get online..

2 questions
how do i get into the router/modem... i tried 192.168.0.1 but they said im not supposed to have access

how do you change ur wireless password? they said i can't change it. im not allowed.
nephipower
join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX

nephipower

Which model device did they give you?
Titan01
New York, NY

Titan01

Arris TG862
Radisc359
join:2010-10-02
Fremont, NE

Radisc359

In my area I can change all those settings on the Arris TG862G but in New York City you can't and I've heard the billing system there is different compared to the rest of the country which is I would assume why. I bet your going to have to call in and ask for Tier 3 and have them change the settings for you, which is pretty stupid imo, but that is how it is. Also try this: »192.168.100.1/
Titan01
New York, NY

Titan01

i called and did a chat and got the same answer. btw the address above doesn't work either
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k to Titan01

to Titan01
Call twc and tell them to remove wifi from your package then simply connect your router. That is all there is
Titan01
New York, NY

Titan01

still doesn't resolve the issue of getting into the modem settings though
Radisc359
join:2010-10-02
Fremont, NE

Radisc359

Well if you want to get into the modem page, you can buy your own SB6141 or SBG6580(if you don't own your own router) and they shouldn't block it since its yours as its added as a customer owned device, but you will need an open port on the splitter and another coaxial cable, one for emta and one for cable modem. I believe to have read others having their own modems and were able to get into them in NYC, but only people from that area would know and I'm not from there as you see. Logically they should, but still others would have to back that up.