how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

me1212

join:2008-11-20
Pleasant Hill, MO

Suggestions for a good gaming mouse?

My current mouse is just over a year old, and its dying on me. I'd like to keep in under $50, and have it last for more than a year. Not sure what all functions/features gaming mice and all come with, nor the price of them.

Any suggestions please?

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12

Logitech 518. Best mouse eva.

Blockfire
Sarcasm is my native tongue

join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service

said by Krisnatharok:

Logitech 518. Best mouse eva.

sad to say, but i don't think logitech makes this version anymore. I've been looking for a replacement b/c mine is wearing out, still working, but wearing out. I've had this sucker for at least 4+ years and probably over 1,000,000 clicks and still going.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

I bought two when my first one wore out after the first 3 years.

This is the replacement:

»www.amazon.com/Logitech-Optical-···title_ce
--
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Blockfire

Wichita, KS

1 edit

ERMAGHERD!!!!

I have the one that looks like crumpled metal. The only thing wrong with it at the moment is the mousewheel BUTTON doesn't work anymore. th emousewheel still works.

*ordered

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to Krisnatharok

How does the g400 compare to the g9x and g500? the g9x is $10($40)more right now and the g500 is $20 more($50). I like the looks and what I've read on the g400, but the other two also look temping, especially the programmable buttons and weights that come with them.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
Earth Orbit

The G9X is the current premiere/flagship Logitech mouse, if I understand it correctly.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to me1212

Peripherals are super hard to choose. There are so many options, styles, and subjective reviews.

I've grown fond of Logitech keyboards and mice. So that's what I would recommend.

You also didn't say if you wanted wired or wireless?

If you do have interest in wireless, then the G700 is a superb mouse. I love mine. I could never go back to wired after using this one.

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO

Wired, not a fan of wireless on KB+M for gaming really. Not sure why just not my thing.

Blockfire

Wichita, KS

lag and charging is stupid on wireless devices. I would forget to charge them and then have them constantly die only to hook them up which defeats the purpose of wireless anyway.

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO

I suspect logitech would have something to combat the lag, especially for a gaming mouse. But the batteries is what gets me. I can't tell you how many times I went to play my wii(u) only to find I forgot to charge my wiimote and now have to wait and hour.

All in all Im leaning towards the g9x, its on sale and a laser mouse and has alllll those features that I find enticing. Only bad part is it comes with a MW3 decal on it...

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to me1212

I haven't experienced any of those issues with this G700. A single charged battery lasts literally for days, even under moderate to heavy gaming. What I do when it does get low is keep a set of charged Sanyo Eneloops to the side and pop one in real quick when the charge is low.

Also, there's absolutely zero lag with this mouse.

Blockfire

Wichita, KS
Reviews:
·AT&T DSL Service
reply to me1212

hand size is a factor for those higher end mice, especially the ones with more than two buttons. to put it in perspective, my hands are large enough to have the butt of my palm on the table and my fingertips can reach over the mouse and rest on the desktop so I have trouble using my thumb one buttons that are grouped close together.

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO

Mine arn't near that big, with mine I have the rear of the mouse I have now(a normal size mouse compared to the ones I have seen/used before) in the center of my palm and the tips of my fingers just about to the end of the mouse keys.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to me1212

I have a G500 for my desktop and a G700 for my laptop and they're both excellent... they're also both pricy compared to Razer and Corsair equivalents.

I think you can probably find a Razer mouse that's similar to the G500 for $50-$60, I've heard good things about the Razer series (in comparison the the logitechs)
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

me1212

Pleasant Hill, MO
reply to me1212

I ended up getting this one »www.amazon.com/Logitech-Gaming-M···duct_top

g9x, cod mw3 edition but eh its not like I'll be looking at it when I'm gaming. Supposed to come with a mouse pad too. $10 more than the g400 $10 less than the g500 with more features than both and a laser instead of optical tracking. Free shipping to boot. All in all it seems like the best bang::buck one right now.