share rss forum feed

mking128

join:2005-08-10
College Point, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to csudillo

Re: HELP!!! Router to Router basement from top floor Wireless!

I would second More Fiber's recommendations to setup a MOCA bridge, as that will provide you will full speed over coaxial wiring - plus wireless signal.

You can pick up a pre-owned MI424 Rev. C or F for under $20 shipped, get a line spliter and a short coaxial to go between the line output and the MOCA (secondary MI424) bridge - and with moderate setup, all can be done in under 1 hour - have both full wired & wireless output on both level.

I set ours up almost a year ago using an Rev.A MI424 on our 1st. level as the secondary, as the primary Rev.I MI424 is upstairs, with the main box & BBU coming in thru down in the basement - and we have excellent everywhere, including the yards.

Plus, there's the added advantage of having the secondary router to be available as a backup, easily switched as the primary in case the newest Rev.I failed for whatever reasons until a replacement can be obtained. And, I managed both routers via the browser - distributing the loads to 4 STB's, 4 desktop, 4 laptops/netbooks, 3 to 4 iPads, 2 tablets, and 6+ smartphones, plus, visiting guests/extended family member's devices when folks gathered on weekends & during the holidays ...