Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

1 edit

J E F F4

Premium Member

[Extreme] It's now completely out...

Now my Rogers is GONE. 256b upload, 128b download...called in, they can't get a hold of anything in my house. Service call in 4 days...thanks. Better get credit for 4 days without.

Yeah...

Using Wind right now. I still am running my Rogers phone until contract is expired, but internet not doing anything either, very slow. Slower than Wind, which, really, is unusual.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

Service outage credits are not automatically applied. Make sure you call back in and request them.

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

said by yyzlhr:

Service outage credits are not automatically applied. Make sure you call back in and request them.

Rogers is giving me one unlimited month on my LTE device. (not really a stick, but it's a plug in)

Not impressed with their LTE at all, first time I used it, and it's slower than my old HSPA+ stick. I'm doing 5meg MAX on it, vs 6-7meg on the old device. It's actually slower than my Wind Mobile Device. (which is only 7meg max on their so-called 4G network)

I'm not sure if Rogers is having issues in the area, but absolutely none of their services are working. I can't make voice calls on the iPhone without it breaking up, the 3G doesn't work..at all..and the new USB LTE device is SLOW!

I'm likely dumping them entirely next February when everything comes up for renewal.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

said by J E F F4:

said by yyzlhr:

Rogers is giving me one unlimited month on my LTE device. (not really a stick, but it's a plug in)

Not impressed with their LTE at all, first time I used it, and it's slower than my old HSPA+ stick. I'm doing 5meg MAX on it, vs 6-7meg on the old device. It's actually slower than my Wind Mobile Device. (which is only 7meg max on their so-called 4G network)

I'm not sure if Rogers is having issues in the area, but absolutely none of their services are working. I can't make voice calls on the iPhone without it breaking up, the 3G doesn't work..at all..and the new USB LTE device is SLOW!

I'm likely dumping them entirely next February when everything comes up for renewal.

If both wireless and residential are not functioning properly, it sounds like it's a problem with the fibre backhauls running through your area. Both residential and wireless are working fine here in Toronto, Pulling 35mbps in both directions on LTE.

J E F F4
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

Not sure what the issue with the iPhone is, but the LTE issue was the SIM card, seems okay.

A screwed up modem was screwing everything up in the house. Swapped modem out, called and got line checks done, and it seems okay.
cidknee0
join:2009-02-28

cidknee0 to J E F F4

to J E F F4
I had the same issues, it was horrible most of Friday night and Saturday. I called and they said I was having major packet loss.

Using speedtest.net I was getting sad sad numbers, and then when I went to the Rogers one it would show decent numbers for up and down speeds. I think something is wrong with that speed test site.
Let us know what they say about your internet, cause mine wouldn't even load up dslreports to check this.