spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Brienza
join:2005-02-08

Brienza

Dry loop dsl wiring help to a telephone jack

Hi Guys,

I confirmed synch at the dmark this is the main jack where the synch leads up to. How do I wire this jack which cables go where, I've attached 2 pics of the setup.

morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Well it depends do you have a Pots splitter if so What color wires exit the dsl Portion? ps Super weird looking jack P:) But typically you would connect the White blue to the Green and The Blue/white to the Red From both sets of wires to carry dialtone thru As it is a dryloop Connect Just the one from the basement to Limit Extraneous distance on the Loop.
Brienza
join:2005-02-08

Brienza

Hi I have no pots spilter so basically i connect 2 wires I use which cord the one on the right side or the one on the left side?
Brienza

Brienza

i tried both pairs wired like you mentioned no dialtone on the jack and no synch on the jack
mactalla
join:2008-02-19

mactalla to Brienza

to Brienza
Can you post a pic of your demarc?

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

JenSuisUn

Premium Member

I'd agree with Mactalla. Without knowing what wires are being used in the demarc, it will be hard to tell you which ones to use in the main jack.

xbell
@cgocable.net

xbell to Brienza

Anon

to Brienza
Those are 3 pair cat. 3. As they are not labelled as to the feed try each pair white-blue, white-orange and white-green on the red and green screws. Polarity doesn't matter at this point.

Now if a know it all electrician hooked up the other end at the demarc then chances are the orange and green were used as they don't know colour codes. Try those two on the red and green screws.