join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla to MichelR

to MichelR

Re: Start payments

said by MichelR:

said by elitefx:

said by geokilla:

Just poking fun, sort of. But really, why don't you have a credit card? It's the best thing ever if you can control your spending.

And there is hundreds of Debt Councilors/Agencies and Millions of North Americans that that would disagree with that view in a heartbeat.

HINT: The #1 threat to the Canadian economy is the household debt carried by individual Canadians. The average household debt is $8,000 on credit cards alone. Hardly a trivial statistic.

I've had credit cards for 23 years and have always paid my bill as soon as I received it (be it in paper or electronic form). Hell, sometimes I even pay it before the bill is ready because I know the cutoff date.

I got my first property tax bill in the mail yesterday and immediately paid it through my bank's web site AND registered to get future tax bills electronically. Too much paper going directly to the recycle bin is sent along with the paper version.

I'm awesome.

Back on topic, it looks like the various payment options for Start are there. If the web site doesn't reflect this, I'm sure rocca will see this soon enough and act accordingly.

Exactly what my parents and I do, though we don't pay it as soon as we get the bill. We check our receipts with the transactions first.

For those of you that have credit card debt... Well you're screwed and need to learn to control your spending. Too many people lack self control and spend the money that they don't have. That is the reasoning behind my previous post. I'm all for credit cards because they make life so much easier. But if you don't use it properly, then you're digging yourself a hole.

zacron
Premium Member
join:2008-11-26
Frozen Hoth

zacron

Premium Member

Sir,
In all honesty, I am going to beat you to the ground.

Some people do NOT choose to go bankrupt nor acquire debt.

There are honest people who just come by hard times...

EG: Loosing business, Loosing relationships, health issues, etc it all adds up to living on credit... which is never ending.

NOT SUPPORTING THE ID10T's but I am advocating for the honest, hardworking people in this Country... The true failure is the School system which doesn't force proper financial management on the students --- since parents aren't doing it.
MichelR
join:2011-07-03
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR to geokilla

to geokilla
said by geokilla:

Exactly what my parents and I do, though we don't pay it as soon as we get the bill. We check our receipts with the transactions first.

Oh man, I do that on a daily basis - I like that better than going through the bill at the end of the month (well, middle of the month). I even check my electricity consumption daily.