spc
uniqs

mmainprize
join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

mmainprize to kombleviczj

to kombleviczj

Re: My grandfathered internet has been eliminated

Us users that don't need 30 or 100 meg speeds should contact the local franchise boards and tell them about the lack of choice, they may be able to pressure charter into offering a lower cost tier.

In small towns like mine i am sure a lot of people just can't afford ($50 internet + $100 TV, DVR, Box, FEEs + $29 Phone) and also ($30 Cell Phone + $20 Cell Data plan + $750 Rent + $125 Gas for car + $250 Food + $100 Insurance for Car) each month that is $1454, and i am sure i am missing some things and some costs maybe more for others.
If you make under $15 dollars an hour you can not afford it all, So a family with both working for minimum wage have to cut some thing out and you can bet it will be the TV or internet.
In the smaller towns that Charter is in over half of the people are the lower income people and may not be able to afford the new higher prices.

I think Charter has already lost so many people that they raised the internet price by $5, TV is going up again, and now there are reports of a Modem charge for old customers of $7 a month. This is to make up for customer dropping services because of higher prices.
Strange Data
join:2012-08-25

Strange Data

This is where you would learn Budgeting 101

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958

Premium Member

said by Strange Data:

This is where you would learn Budgeting 101

No!

This is where Charter needs to learn Business 101, as I most definitely give them a F on that schooling!!