Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1

1 edit

Apple finally figured out how much iPod Touch 4 SUCKED

Finally it has a good display and a worth while camera.

iPod 4 sales were horrid and tons of used ones for sale.

Finally a decent device, 4 should have been, but for Apple give them as little for most policy and little upgrade plus decade old CRAPPY under 1MP camera (now 5MP)... and now hardly any used or refurbs for sale, it is finally what it should have been in the first place,vs the lame ass 4.
--

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

You talking vs the new iPod touch 5 gen? I'd agree that the 4 was seriously lacking in many departments. Though the picture quality on the 5, while better resolution, isn't anything to write home about, although it does do panoramic shots. And it has Siri if you like that sort of thing.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to Hayward

Nobody over the age of 14 should have an ipod touch.

wmcbrine
213 251 145 96

join:2002-12-30
Laurel, MD

said by Alcohol:

...because everyone over 14 can afford at least $60 a month for an iPhone. Right.
--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI

...because everyone over 14 pays $60 a month for data. Right.

wmcbrine
213 251 145 96

Laurel, MD

Show me where you can get an iPhone subscribed (not just data, the whole necessary package) for less than $60 a month, please.
--

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast

Anyone over 14 already has a cell phone so you're a fool for taking the overall cost instead of just the data cost. Because only the data costs are additional costs related specifically to a smartphone.

But to answer your silly question - Straight.com $45 unlimited plan that includes voice, data and texting.

Not sure what you mean by iphone subscribed.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

wmcbrine
213 251 145 96

Laurel, MD

Straight.com? I get a Vancouver newspaper at that URL.
--

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI

»www.straighttalk.com

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
Key West, FL

1 edit
reply to Alcohol

said by Alcohol:

By that logic no one over 14 should have an iPhone, now that crApple has wised up and made them hardware equivaalent pretty much

OK the phone is 8MP and pod still 5 but decent enough vs the G4 less than 1MP not seen since the late 90's and very early digital, in any camera...let alone from a supposed tech leader.

The Touch is the iPhone just minus the phone high cost... ever heard of Skype and text apps??... and hot spots just about everywhere even on a tiny island like KW. Let alone $45 the Touch costs NOTHING to use.

And again Apple couldn't have that... and made them crippled until the Touch G4 severely sales severly bit them in the ass, and hence now the much more equivalent G5 and decent sales.

And why you saw so many used and refurb/liquidation G4's word was out at release... what is this crap???... not so with G5 on a more even keel with the phones.
--

Cthen

join:2004-08-01
Detroit, MI
Reviews:
·Verizon Wireless..
reply to Hayward

Oh wow, they are just now getting around to adding that to their products?

Who knows, they just might finally offer something that won't suck from being crippled or lacking behind everyone else. Just maybe, one of these days...

Oh wait, you are talking about a product that is already behind even with some updates.
--
"I like to refer to myself as an Adult Film Efficienato." - Stuart Bondek

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
Key West, FL

I am no Apple cheerleader... wouldn't have the Touch I have if Android had been as mature as its become when I got it, as well as non phone devices.

I have an ASUS Transformer tablet that I use most now and the Touch just for secondary stuff.

I was just amazed at how bad they made the Touch G4, to the point almost no G3 owners that looked first upgraded, and even many new customers opted for the cheaper G3 leftovers and refurbs, since the G4 camera was junk and the major improvement other than somewhat better screen res.

With the G5 they have finally made it more iPhone (less the cell) equivalent again. I think they painfully learned from the G4 Touch mess, that garnered them nothing but bad customer PR and ill will.
--