how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cajk115

join:2009-04-04
Scranton, PA

Randomly switched to fastpath

So this is actually the second time that my connection has been randomly switched to FastPath. The first time I spoke with Verizon Direct and after a while was able to get it switched back to Interleaved. What I don't get about it is that both times my line stats end up looking like this:

Transceiver Information Down Up
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 864 160
Margin (dB) 6.7 25.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 60.4 31.5
Transmit Power (dBm) 16.0 11.9

Compared to when it was interleaved, it would stay connected at 1184/448 and the margin at around 7-16/14. Would the fact that my margin fluctuates so much possibly be causing the issue of getting switched and the line set at a lower speed?

Smith6612
Premium,MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
kudos:24
Reviews:
·Verizon Online DSL
·Frontier Communi..

1 recommendation

It's likely from ASSIA running on the line. Have someone move it back to 1Mbps Interleaved and disable the optimizer. tim_k should be able to do the job as he's done something similar for me in the past when Verizon moved my line from FastPath to Interleaved for no real reason via the Optimizer. There were nothing wrong with my stats, in fact they're considered marginal at 5M/768k + FastPath where it stands right now but I don't get drops or stalls due to errors. Errors are pretty much non-existent.