how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

squish1029

join:2001-08-07
Matthews, NC

SB6141 broken? Lights on front?

I have a ebay black SB6141 that I connected about 2 months ago. It worked but I got terrible T3 timeouts. Switched back to TW's ubee Docsis 2 modem and then called and called TW to get my line fixed. During this time I loaned the SB6141 to a friend and I'm not sure if he tried it out.

TW fixed my line and now I tried plugging the SB6141 back in. ON Boot I get
On green led
On green download
On green upload
Flashing green globe - about 15 seconds
green globe goes off
Flashing download and flashing upload
That is how it stays.

I have called TW and they took my mac address, and said they could not communicate with the modem and that the modem was broken.

Is it really broken, or is it something not allowing it onto the network?

Thanks

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY
kudos:9

Any modem hooked up should lock on the network, if its not in the billing system it won't work but it should still synch up.

Hob

mackey

join:2007-08-20
kudos:6
reply to squish1029

If the downstream and upstream lights go solid for a bit before going back to blinking at the same time then it is locking successfully, but it's not liking something in the configuration it's getting.

Pull up the web interface »192.168.100.1 and go to the 'Configuration' tab and click the 'Reset All Defaults' button. That button does not reboot it, so after waiting a few seconds either power cycle it or click the 'Restart Cable Modem' button.

If doing that doesn't fix it, please post the info from the 'Status' 'Signal' and 'Log' tabs.

/M