how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

buzzmag

join:2000-04-23
Philadelphia, PA

[STB] Amazon - External Hard Drive Support for Motorola

Will the WD My Book AV DVR Expander offered by Amazon work with Comcast?

jack b
Gone Fishing
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod
kudos:1
If your market has gone "live" and the DVR model you have is supported and you have the a30 guide it should work.

buzzmag

join:2000-04-23
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Jack. That will save me a few bucks.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
reply to buzzmag
I've spoken to Western Digital about these types of questions and was told that the one offered by Comcast, the one offered on their website and the one offered by physical and online retailers like BestBuy and Amazon, are all identical internally with the exception of the model number which is for logistical reasons on their end. The current line runs a WD AV-GP (WD10EURX) drive. »www.wdc.com/global/products/spec···nguage=1

--
I'm always up for a good chat and helping with VoIP testing so my contact info is below.
Gigaset.net: Michael Wolf
Callcentric: 17772288600
SIP URI: sip:226976325024#9@sip.gigaset.net and sip:17772288600@in.callcentric.com

therave

@comcast.net
reply to jack b
I'm in Branford, Connecticut and I have the a30 guide. Is the system live in my area where I can add an external hard drive to record more programs?

jack b
Gone Fishing
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod
kudos:1
According to their website all Comcast areas in CT are on the list of locations where it is available, to supported DVR's

»customer.comcast.com/help-and-su···storage/

PS: I got mine from Amazon. Free shipping too!

--
~Help Find a Cure for Cancer~
~Proud Member of Team Discovery ~

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
Very cool. I got mine from BestBuy with free shipping, with rewardzone silver points and coupons so it came out to $50 bucks each.