how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Tarheel72

join:2005-12-18
Plano, TX

Half off HBO for 12 months

A little more than a year ago I took advantage of the 1/2 off HBO/Cinemax for twelve months offer by stopping my subscription that I had for full price and then signing up for it again one day later ($8.50 off $16.99). Due to some account changes and Fios screw ups they extended my cut off date until March 1, so now it has ended. It is going back up to full price now.

I checked the Fios website and all I see is a deal that says you get HBO/Cinemax/Showtime for half price for twelve months when you sign up for a new 2 year agreement. I am only a year into a two year agreement so is there anything I can do? If I drop the HBO service will I be able to sign up for it again using this new offer? Showtime is part of my Movie Package I think, which I am also getting a discount on until June ($5 off $9.99). I have Ultimate. Just wondered if anyone has done this. Thanks
--
Go Heels!

billhere

join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·GoDaddy Hosting
When I first got FiOS 16 moths ago I signed up for an HBO/Cinemax offer at half-price for a year ($12.50).

When the year was up I called to cancel and the CSR offered me all premium channels for $20/month for a year. That sounded like an awfully good deal (HBO alone would have been $17), so I signed up for that. I have the HD Extreme package. Each premium provider has a wide selection of movies and series that you can watch via VOD.

sonofjay
Mission Accomplished - Bush May 1, 2003
Premium,MVM
join:2001-05-14
Malden, MA
kudos:1
reply to Tarheel72
Click for full size
HBO is showing 1/2 price for me. EDIT: However, I have not drop and then added it again like you are looking to do.

sonofjay
Mission Accomplished - Bush May 1, 2003
Premium,MVM
join:2001-05-14
Malden, MA
kudos:1
reply to Tarheel72
Question: I am assuming that there is no commitment when you sign up for HBO? I want to sign up for HBO and then cancel in 2-3 months when the Game of Thrones season is done.
--
Mission Accomplished