Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to neuromancer1

Premium Member

to neuromancer1

Re: So who will be first will Officall prices/ Announcement

said by neuromancer1:

Cable-ON Rogers 18Mbps Proposed Retail Rate $39.95: Rate limited to 8Mbps during peak hours.

It be cold day in Hell before I would pay to be limited during peak hours. If TSI pulls this I'll be gone so fast their head will spin.

We won't be doing any of that.

neuromancer1
join:2007-01-22
York, ON

neuromancer1

said by TSI Marc:

said by neuromancer1:

Cable-ON Rogers 18Mbps Proposed Retail Rate $39.95: Rate limited to 8Mbps during peak hours.

It be cold day in Hell before I would pay to be limited during peak hours. If TSI pulls this I'll be gone so fast their head will spin.

Good to know, Marc, Thanks, it's a terrible idea and I'm glad TSI won't be doing this.
Samgee
join:2010-08-02
canada

Samgee

said by neuromancer1:

Good to know, Marc, Thanks, it's a terrible idea and I'm glad TSI won't be doing this.

I don't think I'd notice a speed decrease even if it were to happen (so far it hasn't) and I don't think it's worth an extra 38% to my bill even if I might for the few hours it could happen. It's not for everyone, but it's far from a terrible idea and exactly why it's good to have the little competition we do.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to neuromancer1

to neuromancer1
said by neuromancer1:

It's something, but it's not terrible. Acanac's packages are 25% ($18~21) cheaper than TSI's Cable offerings, and there's only one usage offering: unlimited. Acanac is going for a more value oriented approach, and attracting a bigger slice of customers who don't need that speed 24/7 and are looking to save on their montly bill.

If it's not your cup of tea (like me, I will stay with TSI for 24/7 full speeds), so be it. But it doesn't give you the right to vilify Acanac. This is what competition is supposed to do, spawn creatively different products and services.

PickTHEnick
@videotron.ca

PickTHEnick to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc
Click for full size
Now Throttling
said by TSI Marc:

said by neuromancer1:

Won't to Maybe.

Just saying...

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Still wont.. I explained that a bit better here;

»Re: Start Communications - new TPIA Rogers/Cogeco