uniqs
share rss forum feed

neil0311

join:2005-07-24
Marietta, GA
reply to tmc8080

Re: exodus

said by tmc8080:

until George becomes a state of tumbleweeds they won't get the message... I vote for leaving..

Um...yeah. That's why New Yorkers (like me) by literally the hundreds of thousands to possibly millions (over about 30 years) have relocated here in Georgia from New York.

Good luck with your high tax, low productivity gov't paradise in NY.

tmc8080

join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
said by neil0311:

said by tmc8080:

until George becomes a state of tumbleweeds they won't get the message... I vote for leaving..

Um...yeah. That's why New Yorkers (like me) by literally the hundreds of thousands to possibly millions (over about 30 years) have relocated here in Georgia from New York.

Good luck with your high tax, low productivity gov't paradise in NY.

Plenty of surrounding & southern states WITH more common sense broadband deployment.. Florida, Virginia, Louisiana, Texas, etc. Maybe in the 90s and early 2000s Georgia was a hotspot (for tourists passing through to Florida).. probably not since (AT&T bought Bell South). How's those anti-consumer policies which have the state on par with Canada working out for you down there? The mass exodus of "Notherners" moving south is all-but ended with the work-to-rule & anti-union policies. Basically much (not all) of the south is where the broke go to retire-- but since the early 2000s the northeasterners will move as far west central as they can stomach. Political polarization since 2000 has vast parts of the south off people's radar for relocation- so we can agree to disagree on that one.

*I actually liked Georgia in the mid 1990s.. the i95 corridor was ok especially Shoney's; nice people too. Since, then the rep's not so good.

TelecomEng

@rr.com
said by tmc8080:

Plenty of surrounding & southern states WITH more common sense broadband deployment.. Florida, Virginia, Louisiana, Texas, etc.

While there are pockets of good network policy, specifically Lafayette, most of the other areas in the state leave much to be desired. Couple that with an economy dominated by lower wage service and hospitality jobs, few high tech jobs and an education system being eviscerated by governor who is only interested in furthering his own political career (he spends most of this time out of state at the tax payers' expense), Louisiana is not a replace to relocate to, but rather flee from.

tmc8080

join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS
I was referring to parts of these states WITH decent broadband.. before & after Katrina in '05 there have been fiber deployments in parts of the state less affected by the storm.

When the is economy crap, there really isn't a good state to be in.. just degrees of less crappiness. Using this standard, there are parts of the southwest (Co, Az and Nm for example) where you can get 10 - 40 megabits broadband too.