Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

flare4000

join:2011-08-03
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

[TekTalk] [TekTalk] Wishing to get away from Robbers

Hello everyone I had been with Rogers for quite sometime and my phone bill is now starting to rack up and I want to switch to TekTalk, my questions are:

1) How is the voice quality (I have a 25 down and 2 up internet profile)

2) Do I need to do anything special to get set up?

3) Can I only use one phone, or do I need to buy something like a DECT 6.0 set to have phones through out the house or can I use my home phone like I would normally use it.

Thanks for your time!

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

Hi Flare,

Voice quality is great, especially on that connection. You will need an ATA or you could always use a softphone. We sell them or you could provide your own. You can use regular phones. Nothing special needed.

Cheers,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog

flare4000

Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

1 edit
reply to flare4000

So will I be able to get a dial tone through out my house like Rogers? I am sorry for asking I just don't know how it works and yeah I'm going to buy the ATA from your website.

btw. Thanks for such a quick reply!

Edit: I forgot to ask about the number porting process to I cancel with Rogers first or do you guys handle the cancellation process and porting process?

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

NP

If you install the ATA where your current one is which is probably feeding to all of your jacks, then yes, you could have the same setup. You modem will require to be there as well however.

We can provide new numbers or port them, providing they are in areas we have rate centres for. You can check our site to confirm this or PM me your number/city and I can have someone check for you.

Cheers,

Andre
--
TSI Andre
Director of Service Delivery

TekSavvy Website | TekSavvy Blog

flare4000

Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to flare4000

Thank you! And I already checked on your website to see if my number could be ported thanks you very much! I am sorry but I have one last question how does voice mail work? Since my main phone in the house has a built in answering machine will that still work with TekTalk or will I have to dial a number on my phone or go to a website to hear the messages?

fahim

join:2011-02-08
canada
reply to flare4000

Voicemail works like it always does (*98 (?))...but better yet, I get an email with the message attached as a wav file

fahim

join:2011-02-08
canada
reply to flare4000

And ya; I suppose you could also check on your voicemail via the portal »tektalk.teksavvy.com/portal

So, you end up with 3 ways. I use *98 when I'm home but the email feature is pretty handy when I'm not home and out and about...

bbiab

join:2004-05-26
reply to TSI Andre

said by TSI Andre:

NP

We can provide new numbers or port them, providing they are in areas we have rate centres for. You can check our site to confirm this or PM me your number/city and I can have someone check for you.

Cheers,

Andre

Could you direct me where on the site I can check if my number may be ported?

flare4000

Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

I just clicked on order now filled out a couple of forms and once I got to select a phone number there was an option that said " I would like to keep my existing phone number" tick that box fill out your phone number then press "Can this number be ported"

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to bbiab

You will need to go to our Tektalk Page.

»teksavvy.com/en/residential/phone/tektalk
Click "Get more details" on one of our packages.
Enter Postal code
Enter address
add check in box : I would like to keep my existing phone number
put in phone #.

I think the direct link may be : »orders.teksavvy.com/WebForms/en/···TEKTALK#

But I'm unsure if it works without adding an address first.

Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

TypeS

join:2012-12-17
London, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to flare4000

The exact same location where yours Rogers home phone ATA (black box, looks like a long modem) is plugged into the wall feeding the rest of your home, that is where you would want to plug in the VoIP ATA that you purchase to use with TekTalk. Most likely there is a cable jack there too since the Rogers ATA needs it to provide the service, plug in your modem there. You'll want to move your router there as well, unless your modem and router are all in one of course, its just the one unit you need there. You'll plug the ATA into the cable modem/router with an ethernet (RJ45) cord, the ATA will come with one in the box.