Search similar:

uniqs
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA

08034016 (banned)

Time warner Lying!!!

I came across this article for you Time Warner Customer's, they state you dont want 1GIG download/Fiber.

so its of my opinion that you flood time warner with calls asking them why are they lying!!!!

SHOW OF HANDS WHO WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THIS SPEED!!!!
quote:
but Time Warner Cable does not believe that there is a viable amount of consumer interest to justify offering that sort of connectivity to its customers. At the Morgan Stanley Technology Conference, Time Warner Cable's Chief Financial Officer Irene Esteves said, "We just don't see the need of delivering that to consumers."
»www.ign.com/articles/201 ··· le-fiber
AZinOH
join:2007-04-25
Swanton, OH

AZinOH

Ask yourself this question: If Time Warner was willing and able to provide 1 GB download, how could they possibly price it given their current business model? I can't provide exact prices, but their current 50 Mbps service is approx $75 (for 12 months) to a new customer. 1 GB is approx 20X faster than 50MB. Are you willing to pay 20 X $75 = $1500? I bet you won't. Do you actually expect them to match (or even come close to) Google's price? Don't hold your breath. So...what price would you be willing to pay that you think Time Warner would actually be willing to offer?

"We just don't see the need of delivering that to consumers." is really just a nice way of saying "We really don't want to admit that our current pricing structure borders on price gouging".
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Byron, GA

08034016 (banned)

said by AZinOH:

Ask yourself this question: If Time Warner was willing and able to provide 1 GB download, how could they possibly price it given their current business model? I can't provide exact prices, but their current 50 Mbps service is approx $75 (for 12 months) to a new customer. 1 GB is approx 20X faster than 50MB. Are you willing to pay 20 X $75 = $1500? I bet you won't. Do you actually expect them to match (or even come close to) Google's price? Don't hold your breath. So...what price would you be willing to pay that you think Time Warner would actually be willing to offer?

"We just don't see the need of delivering that to consumers." is really just a nice way of saying "We really don't want to admit that our current pricing structure borders on price gouging".

That's total propaganda Competition brings better pricing and better service....

My area put in for Google fiber
»www.13wmaz.com/video/725 ··· ber-Line

»www.fiber4middlega.org/i ··· temid=57

»fiber.google.com/about/

1GIG DOWNLOAD 1 GIG UPLOAD NO CAP $70.00
AZinOH
Swanton, OH

AZinOH

Hey, if you can get Google and their $70 service to come to your town more power to ya. I'm just saying that Time Warner will never offer a comparable service at anything close to a comparable price. If they even thought about trying to, their investors would head for the exits and their stock price would fall like a rock.

Suit Up
join:2003-07-21
Los Angeles, CA

1 recommendation

Suit Up to 08034016

to 08034016
I would love gigabit and gladly pay $70/month for it.
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Byron, GA

08034016 (banned) to AZinOH

to AZinOH
said by AZinOH:

Hey, if you can get Google and their $70 service to come to your town more power to ya. I'm just saying that Time Warner will never offer a comparable service at anything close to a comparable price. If they even thought about trying to, their investors would head for the exits and their stock price would fall like a rock.

Thats what you think but it wont happen if the service is good you can have 10 more isp providers in your area but if everyone is happy with TWC/COX they wont leave. you may have some TWX customers go to COX or cox customers head over to TWC.

That's what these providers want you to believe its Expensive etc which is lying on their part, like NO TWC Customer wants Fiber?
Warmachine99
join:2006-03-20
Pleasant Prairie, WI

Warmachine99 to Suit Up

to Suit Up
said by Suit Up:

I would love gigabit and gladly pay $70/month for it.

TWC cant match that price - When they are charging $130 for 786/128 you know that Gigabit would cost well over $500 a month

motoracer
join:2003-09-15
united state

motoracer to 08034016

to 08034016
DSLReports users aren't exactly what I'd call the normal internet user. If you asked 100 random people, I bet only 1 or 2 would know what gigabit internet was.
etaadmin
join:2002-01-17
united state

etaadmin to 08034016

to 08034016
said by 08034016:

I came across this article for you Time Warner Customer's, they state you dont want 1GIG download/Fiber.

so its of my opinion that you flood time warner with calls asking them why are they lying!!!!

I think you are exaggerating, TWI is not lying. They think they are right in their business rationale and to some point they are.

On the other hand I would be happy to have the option of fiber to the home like comcast is doing it »Getting 305/65

As for 1Gbps I don't care for those speeds but given the option of FTTH for ~$500 installation plus ~$250/month count me in

I can see TWC's fiber fed node from my bedroom window, running a fiber cable to my home would be relatively easy and I'm willing to pay for it!
AZinOH
Swanton, OH

AZinOH to 08034016

to 08034016
If you're waiting for TW to stop "lying", I think you're going to have a long wait. The current business plan is very profitable:

»www.hollywoodreporter.co ··· s-418704

Complain if it makes you feel better because that's the only good that will come of it.
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Byron, GA

08034016 (banned)

said by AZinOH:

If you're waiting for TW to stop "lying", I think you're going to have a long wait. The current business plan is very profitable:

Complain if it makes you feel better because that's the only good that will come of it.

Could that be because TWC raised rates on you... like Cox on me but less service!!!

08034016 (banned) to etaadmin

to etaadmin
said by etaadmin:

said by 08034016:

I can see TWC's fiber fed node from my bedroom window, running a fiber cable to my home would be relatively easy and I'm willing to pay for it!

They will never do it to Expensive !!! you dont want it remember TWC said so...

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up to 08034016

to 08034016
I think some of you are completely missing the point. It's not whether it fits in with TimeWarner's business plan, or whether they would charge some insane price, blah blah blah. It's about if customers want faster speeds then TWC currently offers. And only someone who is a masochist (for a lack of a better term) would prefer slower speeds to faster speeds. Gigabit just happens to be the current dream speed because of Google's offering, but picking that value as a gauge to customer interest in faster speeds is rather arbitrary. The US average (last i heard) was still below 10 Mbit so it's difficult for most people to fathom gigabit speeds.
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Byron, GA

08034016 (banned)

said by Suit Up:

I think some of you are completely missing the point. It's not whether it fits in with TimeWarner's business plan, or whether they would charge some insane price, blah blah blah. It's about if customers want faster speeds then TWC currently offers. And only someone who is a masochist (for a lack of a better term) would prefer slower speeds to faster speeds. Gigabit just happens to be the current dream speed because of Google's offering, but picking that value as a gauge to customer interest in faster speeds is rather arbitrary. The US average (last i heard) was still below 10 Mbit so it's difficult for most people to fathom gigabit speeds.

BINGO!!!
Some people in these threads is why TWC/COX is saying mess like they did, Because its true people would rather get screwed

Example
me 36/10 $70 300GIG cap
Google 1 gig down/up no cap $70
Verzion 150/65 $90

For $20 more i get 3-4 times more speed.

But will i get this HELL NO, wanna know why cable company's dont wanna step in another providers back yard.

Its all about Greed they give you less and charge you more.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to 08034016

MVM

to 08034016
said by 08034016:

I sit here quietly, hand folded in lap. It isn't that I don't want 1 GB Internet, just that I'd rather have $40 Internet.

My ISP, Sonic.net, LLC, is already deploying fiber in Sebastopol, California. Their pricing structure is 1 GB for $70, and 100 MB for $40 per month. I would gladly take their 100 MB tier if they would deploy fiber here, in San Jose, California.

BTW, the biggest headache Sonic.net is facing with their planned fiber deployment in San Francisco, California, is the local NIMBYs; the same ones who halted AT&T's U-verse deployment by a lawsuit. Getting the requisite permits is proving to be the hardest barrier to the buildout.

Meanwhile, the State of California plans to squander $68 billion on HSR, while HSI languishes in this state.
AZinOH
Swanton, OH

AZinOH to 08034016

to 08034016
said by 08034016:

said by AZinOH:

Could that be because TWC raised rates on you... like Cox on me but less service!!!

I don't have Time Warner. I have DSL bundled with a landline phone from Windstream ($69 fixed) because I didn't want to deal with annual price hikes from TW. It suits my needs and I'll keep it until something better comes along. Gigabit Internet wouldn't change what I do very much. It would just be a bragging point, as I suspect it would be for you.

etaadmin
united state

etaadmin to 08034016

to 08034016
said by 08034016:

They will never do it to Expensive !!! you dont want it remember TWC said so...

Well, it's their loss because I would be willing to pay what comcast is charging for fiber to the home besides they can use the plan as bragging rights and parade it all over the news outfits.

If TWC had the fiber to the home option at comcast's price they could pass at&t's uverse FTTH numbers (all 10 of them) in a few months. At least comcast offers you the option TWC and at&t don't.

NormanS
MVM
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

Comcast's offering is Metro Ethernet. AT&T definitely offers Metro Ethernet:

»www.business.att.com/ent ··· gigabit/

Probably in more markets than Comcast, albeit for more money.

Given a choice between Comcast fiber, Paxio fiber, or Sonic.net fiber, I would choose the latter two, based on the price.

And before you tell me how Paxio fiber and Sonic.net fiber are regionally limited, consider that the same is true for Comcast fiber.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew

Premium Member

TWC also offers Metro Ethernet and 1+ Gbps fiber:
»www.twcbc.com/West/Produ ··· ult.ashx
»www.twcbc.com/West/Produ ··· ess.ashx

They will run it to your home if you pay them enough...
etaadmin
united state

etaadmin to NormanS

to NormanS
We are not talking about business services and btw TWC also offers MetroE.

When I had uverse my only option was VDSL if I wanted uverse FTTH I would have to sell my home and move to a FTTH neighborhood (perhaps in another city or state) in that case it made more sense in contracting a business MertroE than selling my home and buying a new one.

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up to NormanS

to NormanS
said by NormanS:

Meanwhile, the State of California plans to squander $68 billion on HSR, while HSI languishes in this state.

OT, but you should do more research on HSR systems. There is not one HSR system in the world that has been completed that is considered a failure. It's something that the US is in dire need of and I'm proud of our state for spearheading the movement.

NormanS
MVM
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to etaadmin

MVM

to etaadmin
said by etaadmin:

We are not talking about business services and btw TWC also offers MetroE.

Somebody was talking Comcast FTTH, which is not your run-of-the-mill residential service.

It is odds on who will bring FTTH to San Jose, California next, but my money is on Sonic.net, LLC, not Comcast. I say, "next" because AT&T's sorry excuse is already here (and they might as well not have deployed it at all, because it offers nothing that U-verse doesn't off in FTTN areas).
NormanS

NormanS to Suit Up

MVM

to Suit Up
said by Suit Up:

OT, but you should do more research on HSR systems. There is not one HSR system in the world that has been completed that is considered a failure. It's something that the US is in dire need of and I'm proud of our state for spearheading the movement.

California's will be the first; assuming that the state manages to find all the money they need; they are supposedly broke!!!. A bunch of politicians and amateurs who turned down the expert advice of the TGV, because the French found flaws with California's proposal. And the experts behind the success of the Shinkansen didn't even get a listen from the Californio rubes.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew to Suit Up

Premium Member

to Suit Up
said by Suit Up:

I'm proud of our state for spearheading the movement.

What exactly do you think the HSR in California is going to do? It's already been watered down so much it isn't even "high speed".

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up

said by DocDrew:

What exactly do you think the HSR in California is going to do?

I expect it to provide a popular alternative to short haul flights, such as those between LAX and SFO when people see how much easier it is and more comfortable it is than flying. And this will lead to further HSR lines to replace short haul flights (such as those in the BOS-NYC-PHI-DC corridor) throughout the country. And I'm not saying this will happen over-night. It might take 50 or 100 years before you see any real progress made.
said by DocDrew:

It's already been watered down so much it isn't even "high speed".

Where did you hear that? I have not heard of any reductions of top speed. The trip from LA to SF is still going to be roughly the same time (15 minutes longer isn't a deal breaker for me).

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew

Premium Member

The 2012 HSR Business plan has extensive plans for "blending" of HSR with existing local rail lines (which were never made to handle 80+ mph trains): »www.cahighspeedrail.ca.g ··· dec7.pdf

Between the blended approach, numerous stops, and the length of route, a trip from Los Angeles to San Fransisco is estimated by groups reviewing the plan to be around 5-6 hours now when it might be completed in 25-30 years.

If people want quick they jump on a plane and be there in about 1 hour, today. If they want cheap, they jump in their car and be there in about 7 hours.

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up

While not perfect, the blended system is a way to get the line up and running faster (and I'm not saying I think it's the best way). It does not stop the trains from traveling at 300+ km/h on the HSR dedicated tracks. And even in Europe, the trains don't/can't travel at their fastest speeds in urban areas. But the dedicated HSR track will eventually be built completely from Union Station in LA to the Transbay Terminal in SF (they plan to build 4 tracks between SJ and SF enabling the HSR to bypass the slower CalTrain so the trains can run at higher speeds through there, but even if that corridor was dedicated only to HSR they still wouldn't be able to go 300+ km/h). Like I said, it might take a long time before it's completed, but there will come a time when it is.

And no, jumping on a plan does not take an hour. Sure the flight between LAX and SFO is only around 45 minutes, but checking bagage, going through security, boarding the plane, deboarding the plane, and finally waiting to get your baggage back all adds up. It usually takes 3 hours out of your day anyway.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym to 08034016

Premium Member

to 08034016
Meh, 1Gbps is overrated.

10Gbps is where it's at!

NormanS
MVM
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

1 recommendation

NormanS to Suit Up

MVM

to Suit Up
said by Suit Up:

Sure the flight between LAX and SFO is only around 45 minutes, but checking bagage, going through security, boarding the plane, deboarding the plane, and finally waiting to get your baggage back all adds up. It usually takes 3 hours out of your day anyway.

And giving TSA the same authority for boarding trains will introduce the same delay.

Suit Up
Los Angeles, CA
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
TP-Link Archer C7

Suit Up

said by NormanS:

And giving TSA the same authority for boarding trains will introduce the same delay.

There is no reason to do so. But if the feds were crazy enough to mandate it for the trains, then yes that will kill HSR.