Premium Member
join:2011-07-28
Livermore, CA

egeek84 to mrschultz02

Premium Member

to mrschultz02

Re: [Speed] Speed increase.

UPDATE
I just called to get upgraded to Extreme 50 (I figured I would sub for a month and then go back to Blast while retaining same speeds)

The lady was super awesome and seemed very knowledgeble. She was jealous of me having the X1 box and we chit chatted a bit and she told me how the box has 4 tuners but that Comcast hasn't enabled them yet cuz they are waiting the trial over other cable companies and the Genie Hopper, something about that. Anyways, she confirmed with me that they got the memo on Tuesday that the speed upgrades are rolling out NATIONWIDE and will be complete BY April 1st.

I'm still on old blast speeds though so i'm thinking maybe it takes 24 hours or so for the changes to take effect. Also just as I imagined, no truck roll was needed.
Moffetts
join:2005-05-09
San Mateo, CA

Moffetts

The "Genie" (aka the HR34) is a Directv receiver.

The "Hopper" is a Dish Network receiver. This is the one that lets you automatically skip commercials in recorded programs.
ExoticFish
join:2008-08-31
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish to egeek84

to egeek84
And also, if you change speed packages it doesn't take 24 hours to see the speed increase. Should be instant after they push the correct config file to the modem.

egeek84
Premium Member
join:2011-07-28
Livermore, CA

egeek84

Premium Member

woot, got the new speeds