uniqs
etaadmin
join:2002-01-17
united state

etaadmin to 08034016

to 08034016

Re: Time warner Lying!!!

said by 08034016:

I came across this article for you Time Warner Customer's, they state you dont want 1GIG download/Fiber.

so its of my opinion that you flood time warner with calls asking them why are they lying!!!!

SHOW OF HANDS WHO WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THIS SPEED!!!!

I think you are exaggerating, TWI is not lying. They think they are right in their business rationale and to some point they are.

On the other hand I would be happy to have the option of fiber to the home like comcast is doing it »Getting 305/65

As for 1Gbps I don't care for those speeds but given the option of FTTH for ~$500 installation plus ~$250/month count me in

I can see TWC's fiber fed node from my bedroom window, running a fiber cable to my home would be relatively easy and I'm willing to pay for it!
08034016 (banned)
Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA

08034016 (banned)

said by etaadmin:

said by 08034016:

I came across this article for you Time Warner Customer's, they state you dont want 1GIG download/Fiber.

so its of my opinion that you flood time warner with calls asking them why are they lying!!!!

SHOW OF HANDS WHO WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THIS SPEED!!!!

I can see TWC's fiber fed node from my bedroom window, running a fiber cable to my home would be relatively easy and I'm willing to pay for it!

They will never do it to Expensive !!! you dont want it remember TWC said so...
etaadmin
united state

etaadmin

said by 08034016:

They will never do it to Expensive !!! you dont want it remember TWC said so...

Well, it's their loss because I would be willing to pay what comcast is charging for fiber to the home besides they can use the plan as bragging rights and parade it all over the news outfits.

If TWC had the fiber to the home option at comcast's price they could pass at&t's uverse FTTH numbers (all 10 of them) in a few months. At least comcast offers you the option TWC and at&t don't.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

Comcast's offering is Metro Ethernet. AT&T definitely offers Metro Ethernet:

»www.business.att.com/ent ··· gigabit/

Probably in more markets than Comcast, albeit for more money.

Given a choice between Comcast fiber, Paxio fiber, or Sonic.net fiber, I would choose the latter two, based on the price.

And before you tell me how Paxio fiber and Sonic.net fiber are regionally limited, consider that the same is true for Comcast fiber.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal
Ubee E31U2V1
Technicolor TC4400
Linksys EA6900

DocDrew

Premium Member

TWC also offers Metro Ethernet and 1+ Gbps fiber:
»www.twcbc.com/West/Produ ··· ult.ashx
»www.twcbc.com/West/Produ ··· ess.ashx

They will run it to your home if you pay them enough...
etaadmin
united state

etaadmin to NormanS

to NormanS
We are not talking about business services and btw TWC also offers MetroE.

When I had uverse my only option was VDSL if I wanted uverse FTTH I would have to sell my home and move to a FTTH neighborhood (perhaps in another city or state) in that case it made more sense in contracting a business MertroE than selling my home and buying a new one.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS

MVM

said by etaadmin:

We are not talking about business services and btw TWC also offers MetroE.

Somebody was talking Comcast FTTH, which is not your run-of-the-mill residential service.

It is odds on who will bring FTTH to San Jose, California next, but my money is on Sonic.net, LLC, not Comcast. I say, "next" because AT&T's sorry excuse is already here (and they might as well not have deployed it at all, because it offers nothing that U-verse doesn't off in FTTN areas).