how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Beavis88

@shawcable.net

Whats available in Edmonton?

Hello,

As topic says, whats available in Edmonton.. just DSL? Or cable as well..?

Also if only DSL is the router able to put into bridge mode as i much prefer that then i can do my own stuff behind it.

Also I see a static IP is available for 4/month.. if you don't got with that how often does the IP change?

Are any ports blocked like with telus? IE could i run a server if i wanted to?

Thanks!

atka

join:2011-11-11

DSL is only available in Edmonton. Yes the router can be put into bridged mode. The IP address changes each time you make a PPOE connection; also I have found lately at least mine is changing at least once every two weeks without a disconnect. So use a DDNS service if your running a server and no they don't block any ports.

Beavis88

@shawcable.net

Ok, so the static for 4 bucks might be worth it...

Do you have to be home for the install.. or can they mail modem for self install and do all work outside? Would be a dry loop as no active phone connection here...

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

There is a possibility of a dispatch, but we can't never before we get a confirmation back from Telus that one will be needed.
It's always safer to assume there is going to be one.

Martin

Beavis88

@wiband.net

Ok, one other question then..

Regarding the DSL unlimited.. is that unlimited all the time or just between 2 am and 8 am?

Or is it the ones caped at xxx gig are unlimited between those hours?

Thanks You

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

Unlimited is unlimited. For our capped plans, you get unlimited between 2AM-8AM.

MarkBogus
No Regret
Premium
join:2000-12-11
Edmonton, AB
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Beavis88

I can comment on the DSL part of your question:

DSL 25/2 is available hereabouts (Londonderry); I get 24.5/2.7 consistently, so no complaints there.

The modem I purchased from Teksavvy is the ZyXel VSG 1432 VDSL2. It has been absolutely solid since we (Teksavvy support and I) configured it months ago. Zero problems.

I have been running it in bridge mode since shortly (Read: minutes) after it was set up in December 2012.

Cannot comment on IP change since I have the static IP (see below)

My server(s) is running fine.

MB

--
MB
--

No Regret