spc
Search similar:

uniqs

dwoodard170
@myvzw.com

dwoodard170

Anon

[Exede] location of exede12

I am cutting trees to make a clear shot for exede12. Anybody know the degrees and angle that I need to be looking for?

Thanks a lot!
Spice300
Premium Member
join:2006-01-10

Spice300

Premium Member

Viasat-1 is in geostationary orbit over 115.08 degrees west longitude. To find the direction from your location go to Satellite Finder.
viasatguy
Premium Member
join:2002-06-11
Carlsbad, CA

viasatguy

Premium Member

The nominal location is 115.1 degrees west longitude. There is a +/- 0.05 degrees station keeping window about the nominal center of box.

dwoodard170
@myvzw.com

dwoodard170 to dwoodard170

Anon

to dwoodard170
Thanks guys. Unfortunately none of this makes that much sense to me. I did not think about the obvious fact that it changes depending on where you are. DUH! I think my installer said 235 and about 30 up. I live near Asheville North Carolina. Thanks for the help and I am just hoping I can get the view I need.

Dan
DrStrangLov
join:2012-03-28

DrStrangLov

See this photo here: »www.lyngsat.com/tracker/ ··· t-1.html
viasatguy
Premium Member
join:2002-06-11
Carlsbad, CA

viasatguy

Premium Member

There are various and sundry free look angle calculators out there. I've provided links for just a few that a quick Google search turned up.

»www.groundcontrol.com/Sa ··· ator.htm
»www.satcruiser.com/azel.htm
»www.datastormusers.com/l ··· ngle.cfm

There are also demoware and paid applications such as Satmaster
»www.arrowe.com/

Importantly, remember that most of the calculators will provide the azimuth angle based on true North and you will have to apply the offset for the magnetic North your compass will indicate.

Roughly, for ViaSat-1, the azimuth will be 227.7 degrees (true) and elevation will be 36.3 degrees. The exact angles will vary by a few tenths of a degree based on where your exact location is compared to what Google Earth is giving my for Ashville's city center.