spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Hahutzy

join:2013-02-14

2 edits

[Cable] [Mar 2nd/3rd] High latency in Richmond Hill/Markham?

I've been getting 200-500ms latency whenever I play online games.

Ping test is revealing a lowest ping of 150ms
»www.pingtest.net/result/77901476.png

Anyone else with this issue?

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33

If you would post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum we can certainly have a look.

Martin

stilljk

join:2012-11-27

2 edits
reply to Hahutzy

I've been having this issue for months now. I'm by Yonge and hwy 7 (SilverCity) area. I've already posted in the Direct forum but Teksavvy says it's not enough for them to report a ticket. I really don't want to call because it takes forever for them to pick up. The speed isn't the problem, it's the latency. The ping fluctuates way too much RANDOMLY. Forget the peak hours, it's completely unpredictable. Online gaming is nearly impossible for me. The main dilemma is, do I switch to feed the big Hell and Robbers or stay with TSI and be patient for them to fix this issue?

test done just now. this isn't just because of the peak hours. it's RANDOM.

MattKD

join:2004-06-15
Canada
reply to Hahutzy

Hi guys, I am in the same area near bestbuy etc. I am not seeing this at the moment, is it just at certain times?

Just tried pingtest and had 12ms\4 jitter.

gotak

join:2011-05-17
L6G 0C5
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Hahutzy

It's been like this for the past 2 days for me warden and 7. It's stopping me from working actually. It screws up our virtual desktop connections needed for work.

One more issue again. We are moving next month. With the moving fee for teksavvy etc I am weighing my options. If Rogers gives a good deal I might jump.

stunnerrr

join:2007-05-27
Toronto, ON
reply to Hahutzy

You guys wanna trade?...i'll be happy with 200-500ms considering what i'm getting for weeks now...